Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duke of Earl

Bush Signs $162 Billion Iraq War Funding Bill

45 posts in this topic

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/06/30/us-warfunding.html?ref=rss

$650 billion wasted dollars down the Bush Iraq War rat hole.

Think of the schools , roads, tax cuts, hospitals, health care, budget surpluses, cheap gas with a strong dollar we could have had.

Hailing the $162 billion US measure as a rare product of bipartisan co-operation, Bush said Monday at the White House: "This bill shows the American people that even in an election year, Republicans and Democrats can come together to stand behind our troops and their families."

Whoi passed the bill for Bush to sign?

The Democrat party.

Yet I'm told it is disengenuous to point this out.

The Democrat party.

Yet I'm told it is disengenuous to point this out.

today, we learn that the dems are responsible for the whole war. thanks for sharing. a rare thing for repubs when it comes to BATTLE!:D

can anyone imagine how much "sharing" there would be if the war was actually going well?:D

semi, you need to start thinking country before party.

today, we learn that the dems are responsible for the whole war. thanks for sharing. a rare thing for repubs when it comes to BATTLE!:D

can anyone imagine how much "sharing" there would be if the war was actually going well?:D

If you want to blame them for the whole war then that is your call. I made no such claim.

I don't like either party so I don't really need to think of the country before party. Not that I can do anything about either.

The facts are still the facts. The Dems control both the House and the Senate and a spending bill needs to get through both of those.

So quityerbeechin. You voted for these people and you get what you deserve.

All Semi pointed out was the Democratic party is making the funds available. The Legislative branch could have and still can end the war by a simple act of Congress. Okay, maybe nothing to do with congress is simple anymore, but the fact is, the dems control both houses.

Apparently, those dems actually inside the Gov understand the importance of our presence there and are merely giving lip service to the citizen members of their party.

A political stance does not always translate into an actual stance.

Think about it.

If you want to blame them for the whole war then that is your call. I made no such claim.

I don't like either party so I don't really need to think of the country before party. Not that I can do anything about either.

The facts are still the facts. The Dems control both the House and the Senate and a spending bill needs to get through both of those.

So quityerbeechin. You voted for these people and you get what you deserve.

yes, I do. I did vote democrat. erggggg....

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/06/30/us-warfunding.html?ref=rss

$650 billion wasted dollars down the Bush Iraq War

rat hole.

Think of the schools , roads, tax cuts, hospitals, health care, budget surpluses, cheap gas with a strong dollar we could have had.

*ahem* it is building schools, roads, hospitals, etc... but in iraq.

here it would have gone to insurance, overhead, and lined the pockets of various lobbyists.

maybe it'll actually do some good over there.

All Semi pointed out was the Democratic party is making the funds available. The Legislative branch could have and still can end the war by a simple act of Congress. Okay, maybe nothing to do with congress is simple anymore, but the fact is, the dems control both houses.

Apparently, those dems actually inside the Gov understand the importance of our presence there and are merely giving lip service to the citizen members of their party.

Think about it.

kinda like gays, guns, god, abortions, and all those other red herrings.

my idea of voting for the lesser evil is losing it's luster. maybe i'll just stop voting.

not a good sign for america.

*ahem* it is building schools, roads, hospitals, etc... but in iraq.

here it would have gone to insurance, overhead, and lined the pockets of various lobbyists.

maybe it'll actually do some good over there.

Sad statement, but I can't say youre wrong.:(

I'm surprised we have $162 billions--or enough plastic left to borrow it.

my idea of voting for the lesser evil is losing it's luster. maybe i'll just stop voting.

I liked the idea MLArthur[sp?] suggested.

Vote Alan Smithee as a write in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smithee

At least that write in makes a certain statement about the 'representatives' the people are given to choose from.;)

None of the above is a vote also.

You don't have to give up your right to vote make a point. Use your vote to make one instead.

Vote:

N.O.T.A.

And make sure you tell your friends. That is your voice.

So far. I wonder how much that is in real money?

Probably none of it , all borrowed from China

Think about it.

After you think about it, you can conclude that Congressional Democrats support Bush and the war effort, and they lied when they said they want to end the war.

After you think about it, you can conclude that Congressional Democrats support Bush and the war effort, and they lied when they said they want to end the war.

or they don't want to to be called "anti patriotic" or "anti troops" in an election year :rolleyes:

or they don't want to to be called "anti patriotic" or "anti troops" in an election year :rolleyes:

The only Democrat who says what he means and means what he says is Dennis Kucinich. And as such, he can't get elected on the national scene. So therefore, national Democrats have to lie about what they believe. Why is that a good thing?

Are you saying that the Republicans don't lie?

None of the above is a vote also.

You don't have to give up your right to vote make a point. Use your vote to make one instead.

Vote:

N.O.T.A.

And make sure you tell your friends. That is your voice.

I understand your point but honestly, I think it would be about as effective as a gas boycott.

Are you saying that the Republicans don't lie?

No. I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that most Democrats are on board with Kucinich's positions, but they have to masquerade, or lie about their positions, to get elected.

Regarding Iraq, Democrats lied....and people died.

Democrats had the power in Congress to end the war. But they chose not to, and they chose to support Bush and the war effort. That's a fact. There is no dispute, although it will be entertaining to watch Democrats try to dispute it.

The mess up thing is that whoever becomes President will be blamed for the economic downturn that America is/will experience.