Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duke of Earl

Bush Signs $162 Billion Iraq War Funding Bill

45 posts in this topic

The only Democrat who says what he means and means what he says is Dennis Kucinich. And as such, he can't get elected on the national scene. So therefore, national Democrats have to lie about what they believe. Why is that a good thing?

OMG a politician lied? Really? Are you new to this country?

The only Democrat who says what he means and means what he says is Dennis Kucinich. And as such, he can't get elected on the national scene. So therefore, national Democrats have to lie about what they believe. Why is that a good thing?

Wonder why Ron Paul can't get elected (nationally) either?

No. I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that most Democrats are on board with Kucinich's positions, but they have to masquerade, or lie about their positions, to get elected.

That's called American politics genius. And it doesn't matter if there's a "D' or "R" behind your name. It's all a part of the game

*ahem* it is building schools, roads, hospitals, etc... but in iraq.

here it would have gone to insurance, overhead, and lined the pockets of various lobbyists.

maybe it'll actually do some good over there.

*ahem* over there it is lining pockets, buying cars, boats and castles for a select few. Have you read about the corruption in the Iraqui govt? I can only think that they are kicking back 25% to both houses' members. Otherwise, the bleedingazz liberals would be using the $$ to make ice for the polar bears, or to pave a road across the Rio Grande with taco stands every 100 ft for the new voting bloc they are illegaly allowing into the country....

*ahem* over there it is lining pockets, buying cars, boats and castles for a select few. Have you read about the corruption in the Iraqui govt? I can only think that they are kicking back 25% to both houses' members. Otherwise, the bleedingazz liberals would be using the $$ to make ice for the polar bears, or to pave a road across the Rio Grande with taco stands every 100 ft for the new voting bloc they are illegaly allowing into the country....

Umm who's letting illegals in to the country? I hate to break it to you my partisan friend , but liberals don't have the corner on that market. I suggest you Google how many came in fromm 2000-2006 when Republicans had control

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/06/30/us-warfunding.html?ref=rss

$650 billion wasted dollars down the Bush Iraq War

rat hole.

Think of the schools , roads, tax cuts, hospitals, health care, budget surpluses, cheap gas with a strong dollar we could have had.

I am with you. Just more wasted money. I have been over there and had to pay bills; soI know how much we spend.

Then you think; the kids here can't do anything because we don't have any money. Yet he finds money for a war. Let the Iraqi's pay for their own stuff. They have enough money. Give our kids something to look forward too.

Get over Iraq, we have a job to do.

And what job would that be? Does anyone know?

Not sure what you are asking for. It's political suicide for a dem to oppose this, and you all are the reason why that is so. A republican could oppose it and get a pass (via the Nixon/China theory).

Are you saying that the Republicans don't lie?

Of course the Republicans lie.

But the bitter pill is for you guys today because the Democrats lie too.

I understand your point but honestly, I think it would be about as effective as a gas boycott.

We don't always win our preference, but we can still be heard.

http://www.vote-nota.com/wordpress/index.php

NOTA is an actual choice and can win the election if enough people are fed up with the choices the Dems and Reps have offered us.

Too bad there is no real NOTA party. It might actually win this election.;)

I am with you. Just more wasted money. I have been over there and had to pay bills; soI know how much we spend.

Then you think; the kids here can't do anything because we don't have any money. Yet he finds money for a war. Let the Iraqi's pay for their own stuff. They have enough money. Give our kids something to look forward too.

Remember way back when when Bush , Cheney , Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld , Pearle et al told us with a straight face that Iraq oil would pay for it all.

Raise your hands everyone that believed them.

I'm just glad that the new GI bill was in there. Getting your education paid for makes the crappy pay, long hours, danger and time away from home a little easier to take.

Now if more than 40% use it.

The mess up thing is that whoever becomes President will be blamed for the economic downturn that America is/will experience.

No. It will still be Bill Clinton's fault.

No. It will still be Bill Clinton's fault.

actually, the messedup thing is that it's never the president's fault. the FED has a pretty good control over dollar values, but for the most part, the eceonomy is based on fear.

take for instance this morning. i filled up my gas at Costco for 3.90/g, as i passed a Shell station that was only 3.93/g i wondered if my Costco membership was worth it!

after lunch, passing by the same Shell station it was 4.03/g! why? Israel v. Iran.

what exactly does that have to do with our president? nothing. any president would be doing the same things.

or they don't want to to be called "anti patriotic" or "anti troops" in an election year :rolleyes:

Or the reality of the whole thing is the troops need support for a war that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Troops gotta eat

gotta have weapons

gotta have clothes etc

I don't like the war but at this point what are we gonna do????

Whoi passed the bill for Bush to sign?

The Democrat party.

Yet I'm told it is disengenuous to point this out.

More to the point, what you say is false.

It's not "The Democratic Party" that passed the bill, it was the U.S. Congress.