Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HumanSpirit

Creating The Next Society: Your Revolutionary Ideas Needed Now

26 posts in this topic

snip:

Saturday, June 28th, 2008

By Mike Adams | It’s fairly obvious to anyone paying attention that the American Empire, as currently configured and operated, is simply not sustainable. Financial collapse is inevitable (and accelerating, it seems), and even mainstream America can no longer deny the obvious signs that things have gone terribly wrong: Skyrocketing fuel prices, unprecedented inflation in food prices, rampant epidemics of preventable degenerative disease, plummeting real estate prices, an increasingly-worthless national currency, disastrous war failures, rampant dishonesty in Washington, and accelerating climate changes that are causing flooding, crop failures, droughts and worse. It is becoming increasingly difficult for even the Pollyannas of the world to argue that the United States of America has a bright future.

However, there’s good news in all this. Really. What’s the good news? Following the collapse of the American Empire, there will be a rare window of opportunity for radical reform where progressive, pioneering people like NaturalNews readers can play a significant role in creating what I call The Next Society.

What is The Next Society? It’s the one that replaces the United States of America after the failure of this current system. It happens all the time through world history, of course: Failed attempts at living in community are replaced by new attempts. Democracy was one such attempt, and I still think Democracy could work. Too bad we don’t one operating in the United States today. Instead, we only have the illusion of Democracy that’s controlled by hacked voting machines, a corrupt media, and a corporate-controlled government agenda that, at every step, works against the interests of the People.

more:

http://rinf.com/alt-news/activism/creating-the-next-society-your-revolutionary-ideas-needed-now/3988/

Start by requiring marksmanship and gun safety training from kindergarten through senior in high school. Require economics, math, science, biology, and shop from grade 1 through grade 12. Require anything proposed by a Federal politician to show a solid Constitutional authority for his proposal, and if he can't, he goes straight to prison. No appeals. Flat tax of 10% from dollar one. Repeal Social Security, Medicare, welfare, and all the other illegal organizations that the Feds are stealing money for. Those are the starters.

Just out of curiousity, did you read the whole article?

Buncha horse manure.

Just remember this: The rest of the world is tired of funding America’s consumer culture. And the free money from China, Japan, the Middle East and other regions that have subsidized America’s consumption habit by purchasing worthless U.S. Treasury IOU notes are about to put an end to their practice of following good money with bad.

Got the flow of money backwards.

The single most important correction needed - each individual taxpayer has direct control over his/her own pursestrings and only receives the services for which they have paid the fees for. Now that is direct democracy. It would gut the lobbyists and special interest groups overnight.

Buncha horse manure.

Regardless of that particular article, I do believe that sooner or later America will fall. That's not to say I want it to happen, or wish for it (so hold off your anti-American nonsense). But the fact is that no superpower or empire has stood forever...why should America be any different.

In 1787, a Scottish professor and historian named Alexander Tyler wrote about this, while talking about the fall of the Athenian Republic (which had occurred some 2,000 years prior):

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;

2. From spiritual faith to great courage;

3. From courage to liberty;

4. From liberty to abundance;

5. From abundance to complacency;

6. From complacency to apathy;

7. From apathy to dependence;

8. From dependence back into bondage"

Now, it's up to debate as to what stage we're currently in. Maybe #6, and you could say that a lot of people are already in #7 (think welfare and other government handouts).

It's always an interesting discussion to have. Unfortunately, there's not too many you can have it with that won't label you a loon or an anti-American.

Every empire collapses. Just a matter of how, why, and when.

Restrict the Pharmacutical industry from payoff's, kickbacks, lobbying fees that inflate drug costs and is used to create a political position.

Drive the mental health out of business and distroy the DSM-IV and all the falsehoods of chemical balance and whatever voodoo, witchcraft, Tarot card reading they do for diagnoses and put a stop to the Judicary getting a daily headjobs from these creeps.

Do away with the IDEA and 504 programs on the federal level.

Regardless of that particular article, I do believe that sooner or later America will fall. That's not to say I want it to happen, or wish for it (so hold off your anti-American nonsense). But the fact is that no superpower or empire has stood forever...why should America be any different.

In 1787, a Scottish professor and historian named Alexander Tyler wrote about this, while talking about the fall of the Athenian Republic (which had occurred some 2,000 years prior):

Now, it's up to debate as to what stage we're currently in. Maybe #6, and you could say that a lot of people are already in #7 (think welfare and other government handouts).

It's always an interesting discussion to have. Unfortunately, there's not too many you can have it with that won't label you a loon or an anti-American.

Excellent post.

I opt for stage 7 and a very well advanced stage 7 at that.

Steel,

You being a steeler fan, it embarasses me to say this::eek:

I agree with you about the fall. I believe it has already started.

I disagree with the reasoning in the article. That was the buncha crap I refered to.

Steel,

I disagree with the reasoning in the article. That was the buncha crap I refered to.

My apologies. I have to admit I didn't read the full article in the original post. I saw what the thread was about and went to dig up my quote, as it's rare that I get to use it.

And hey, I've agreed with plenty of Ravens fans on this section of the board. Now, when football season starts back up and I migrate back to the Ravens board..well, that's a whole 'nother ballgame.:P

My apologies. I have to admit I didn't read the full article in the original post. I saw what the thread was about and went to dig up my quote, as it's rare that I get to use it.

And hey, I've agreed with plenty of Ravens fans on this section of the board. Now, when football season starts back up and I migrate back to the Ravens board..well, that's a whole 'nother ballgame.:P

16 whole other ball games, 19 for the Ravens.:D

Grand post.

Now, can we find the courage (3) to move ourselves from the brink of dependency & bondage, to liberty?

"Democracy was one such attempt, and I still think Democracy could work."

It can't work. Like all failed ideologies it should be thrown in the dustbin of history. Because of the circumstance we find ourselves in, the revolution can't be a top down one. The revolution must be a bottom up one.

For anybody interested, Dr. Hans-Hermann Hoppe explains through the eyes of an economist why the American experiment was destined to have this result. He as part of his conclusion explains why right thinking enclaves are probably the best hope of a revolution. The link below is well worth the readand is titled "On the Impossibility of Limited Government and the Prospects for a Second American Revolution".

http://mises.org/story/2874

"Democracy was one such attempt, and I still think Democracy could work."

It can't work. Like all failed ideologies it should be thrown in the dustbin of history. Because of the circumstance we find ourselves in, the revolution can't be a top down one. The revolution must be a bottom up one.

For anybody interested, Dr. Hans-Hermann Hoppe explains through the eyes of an economist why the American experiment was destined to have this result. He as part of his conclusion explains why right thinking enclaves are probably the best hope of a revolution. The link below is well worth the readand is titled "On the Impossibility of Limited Government and the Prospects for a Second American Revolution".

http://mises.org/story/2874

I agree 100% that a top-down reform is a pipe dream. That's why I laugh at the "change" platform that every candidate seems to run on every four years. Not only will it not happen that way...but sad truth is that the platform works; because people want "change", but for the most part are too lazy, dependant, or apathetic to bring it about themselves. They prefer someone else does the work. Until that mindset changes, neither will America.

Thanks for that link. Just finished reading, and it is a great piece of writing. The reasons for America's eventual collapse are well thought out, and explained very well.

I have to say though, I'm not completely sold on his proposed solution (although it's at least nice to hear one).

I don't see how insurance agencies in that scenario would work any differently than today. By letting people voluntarily agree to contracts with those agencies, and opt out of those agreements as they see fit..well, what's to stop the majority of the people from deciding to keep their money, and take the risk that comes with being uninsured? If enough people did that, the funding for the agencies dries up, collapse of these agencies follows, and with no other form of government, you have anarchy. Which, to the dismay of 16 year old non-conformists everywhere..isn't a suitable solution.

The way to circumvent that, of course, would be to mandate that the people use those agencies. But then wouldn't the industry simply become as corrupt (or more) than it is today?

That said, Hoppe's proposal of a "insuracracy" is a new one, and very intriguing. It may not be the best answer, but it's certainly good to see that people are dealing with the uncomfortable reality, one that most Americans would rather turn a blind eye to (if they're even aware of it at all).

I'll read that part of the essay again, in hopes of understanding it better.

Also, this serves as a bump. Trying to cut through the countless Obama/McCain threads, to keep this discussion going.:)

I've seen and read Tyler's list before and thanks for the reminder. I think we are in #7.......And the band played on....

However, there’s good news in all this. Really. What’s the good news? Following the collapse of the American Empire, there will be a rare window of opportunity for radical reform where progressive, pioneering people like NaturalNews readers can play a significant role in creating what I call The Next Society. "

Restore the Constitution then enforce it.

Abolish government financed and operated schools:

The Educational Octopus

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state. --Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

Lmao!!!! They're planning a revolution.......H ah ah aa aha.

Nothing to fear but fear itself.

Restore the Constitution then enforce it.

Abolish government financed and operated schools:

The Educational Octopus

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state. --Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

How will the schools operate?

Lmao!!!! They're planning a revolution.......H ah ah aa aha.

Nothing to fear but fear itself.

Impersonating King George?

Or are you laughing at America's own Declaration of Independence?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

The existence of a bloated and corrupt Congress who legislates without the consent of the governed is in direct conflict with this. The fact that 9 justices, unelected, can interpret, strike down, and uphold law as they see fit, without the consent of the governed, is in direct contrast to this. These are just a couple of reasons why the American experiment of democracy has no other possible outcome but failure. There's no need for a "revolution", as this top-heavy system will inevitably fall on its own.

While this is an uncomfortable reality to face, I'm glad that some are doing just that, and proposing ideas as to what we should do after this occurs.

Before laughing again, keep in mind that ancient Romans probably laughed just as hard. Hell, there were plenty of colonists who laughed at the intentions of our own founding fathers. Every empire falls, as I said above. History has been witness to it time and time again, without fail. Is there any reason to believe that America should be the first and only exception to this?

If you believe that, then maybe you're the one being foolish.

The same way they did before the unions coerced Nixon into giving them a cabinet position.

Steel,

Kind of makes one wonder why some are trying so hard to disarm us. Bondage, would be so much easier for the powers to be, if the people are weaponless.

SteelFaninBMore rather than form an opinion on how things would work with insurance companies, Keep an open mind on the idea and let it fester in you for a couple years. Read more about the concept from the perspective of other writers and then react.

The same way they operated before 1909-- homeschooled or privately owned.

The same way they operated before 1909-- homeschooled or privately owned.

Not true. The first attempt at establishing public schools was made right here in Maryland, during the colonial era. (Funded by a tax on imported indentured servants and slaves.) Population was too small, and too widely spread out, to make it viable. (Besides, children worked in those days.)

Town schools were established -- and thriving-- long before 1909. People used to "just do it" instead of waiting around for the federal government to provide.

It did, though,in a narrow way. When the Western Reserve was opened, for instance, sections were set aside in each township to fund education.

The idea that public education would vanish without Big Brother's direction is very new. It's not supported by historical experience, nor by what we know about the typical American's expectation of public schools being available.

Not true. The first attempt at establishing public schools was made right here in Maryland, during the colonial era. (Funded by a tax on imported indentured servants and slaves.) .

Actually the 1st "public school" was in Massachusetts 1837 and the last state to fall for the marxist scheme was Indiana in 1909.