Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trace21230

Obama's Senate Staff: Women Outnumbered and Underpaid Compared to Men

48 posts in this topic

While Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has vowed to make pay equity for women a top priority if elected president, an analysis of his Senate staff shows that women are outnumbered and out-paid by men.

That is in contrast to Republican presidential candidate John McCain's Senate office, where women, for the most part, out-rank and are paid more than men.

Link: http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Obama_Pays_Female_Staff_/2008/07/01/108863.html

Very troubling. Why does Obama value the service of women less than men?

Maybe that Muslim thing has legs,lol?

Looks that way.

Many Obamatons made the dastardly implication that Hillary's supporters were racist for supporting Hill over Obama. The same swiftboating is now being committed by them against anyone supporting McCain (or third party candidates).

Could the closer truth be that Obama's followers are sexist moreso than Hillary's followers were racist?

From the article:

"The legislation was named after Lilly Ledbetter, who was a supervisor at Goodyear Tire & Rubber's plant in Gadsden, Ala. She sued for pay discrimination before retiring after 19 years because she had made $6,500 less per year than the lowest paid male supervisor.

However, the U.S. Supreme Court threw out her case, saying she waited too long to file a complaint. The court said that under the 1964 Civil Rights Act, an employee must sue within 180 days of a decision regarding pay if alleged discrimination is involved. The bill sought to change the law, but Democrats could not muster the needed 60 votes to override a Republican filibuster.

Obama voted for the equal pay litigation bill in April. McCain was campaigning that day and did not vote. But he has expressed opposition to the legislation, fearing it would open the door to too much litigation."

Do women need any more reason to vote for Obama and not for McCain?

Hmmmmm.... Where else is this the norm? What religious attitude condones this?

I'm just asking.

Did Obama give Lilly a job on his Senate staff?

Exactly. More "do as I say" and not "do as I do" from the far left. Just like Algore and his SUV and private jet.

From the article:

"The legislation was named after Lilly Ledbetter, who was a supervisor at Goodyear Tire & Rubber's plant in Gadsden, Ala. She sued for pay discrimination before retiring after 19 years because she had made $6,500 less per year than the lowest paid male supervisor.

However, the U.S. Supreme Court threw out her case, saying she waited too long to file a complaint. The court said that under the 1964 Civil Rights Act, an employee must sue within 180 days of a decision regarding pay if alleged discrimination is involved. The bill sought to change the law, but Democrats could not muster the needed 60 votes to override a Republican filibuster.

Obama voted for the equal pay litigation bill in April. McCain was campaigning that day and did not vote. But he has expressed opposition to the legislation, fearing it would open the door to too much litigation."

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=123614

If Barack Obama becomes the US president, America’s national policies would somehow be influenced by a Filipino: Charmaine Manansala, who has been selected as a senior adviser to the Democratic party candidate.Manansala is now the Asian-American and Pacific Islander Vote director for the Obama campaign. “The Obama campaign acknowledges the extraordinary contributions of the nearly 13 million Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders who have helped build a strong and vibrant America,” Manansala stated in her message to the Asian-American and Pacific Islander Network.

Manansala was born in Manila. Her family moved to Orange County in Los Angeles in 1983 to join her grandparents.She went to Smith College in Northampton, Maryland, where she majored in biochemistry. She earned her master’s degree in public health at George Washington University in Washington, DC.Manansala has joined the league of policy analysts and political strategists in the nation’s capital. In 2007, she was on the Filipino Women’s Network’s list of 100 Most Influential Filipinas. In 2001, she was honored by PoliticalCircus.com, as one of the “Top 30 Under 30,” which recognizes the most influential Asian-Pacific Americans 30 years and younger in the US.Prior to her selection as AAPI vote director, Manansala, now based in New Mexico, was the state director for the New Mexico Blue Team, where she was in charge of developing a state plan for political organizers advancing Obama’s candidacy.

From the article:

Once again, a political rhetoric does not translate into actual practice.

Make all the excuses you want...

Obama does not have the same inner ideals that he publicly expresses.

Women in this country should be afraid, very afraid.

From a new Messenger of God (or maybe just a smart person?)......More coming.

I refer to God in the masculine because it is better than saying " It". There are no words to fit so I fell

back to using the accepted masculine terms. But there is no difference in His eyes between the sexes.

Souls are also sexless. When you come before Him, it is as a Soul, not a physical body. We have 2 sexes

for a purely biological function. We are all equal in His eyes. Apparently, this is the hardest lesson to

grasp in concept or practice. Throughout history, females have been considered beneath males and this

idea continues, even now, in a large percentage of our world. It was on this point that I had a sense of

anger from Him. He was especially angry at those who pretend to spread His word while shutting half

His Children out of the choices He has given all of us.

Once again, a political rhetoric does not translate into actual practice.

Make all the excuses you want...

Obama does not have the same inner ideals that he publicly expresses.

Women in this country should be afraid, very afraid.

Since most women in this country do not work for Obama, based on the Ledbetter Bill described above, the choice for him is very clear.

Exactly. More "do as I say" and not "do as I do" from the far left. Just like Algore and his SUV and private jet.

So you suggest that even though McCain and the Supreme Court he supports oppose a law that makes pay equal, women should support McCain because in his specific workplace, the pay is about the same?

Good luck w/that.

So you suggest that even though McCain and the Supreme Court he supports oppose a law that makes pay equal, women should support McCain because in his specific workplace, the pay is about the same?

Good luck w/that.

I see truth and hear lies.

I see truth and hear lies.

Suuuuure you do. :)

Good luck w/that.

Please...stop making sense! :P

The Obama campaign began as a high risk, seemingly quixotic quest. Women are less adventurous than men, so of course women tend to be less numerous and in lower positions than men on Team Obama.

Maybe that Muslim thing has legs,lol?

Are you actually an educated man?

If the muslim thing had legs- no women would earn a wage on his senate staff. And the muslim thing is tabloid trash, which you seem to be bringing up a lot lately.

If the muslim thing had legs- no women would earn a wage on his senate staff. And the muslim thing is tabloid trash, which you seem to be bringing up a lot lately.

You are suggesting that Obama is too dumb to attempt to keep up appearances.

Wait....That's an idea I can get behind....Nevermind.:D

Well he hides Muslim dressed women at speaking engagements so it appears like he is aiding the tabloid trash despite attempts from the awe struck like yourself.

What grade are you still in?

Is that what this electon has boiled down to? The "awestruck" vs. the "dumbstruck"? :P

Is that what this electon has boiled down to? The "awestruck" vs. the "dumbstruck"? :P

Yes, some are in awe of the poor choices we have for the next POTUS, others are struck dumb by it.:eek:

Yes, some are in awe of the poor choices we have for the next POTUS, others are struck dumb by it.:eek:

Well one is about the best choice I've come across. The 2nd best one ran for the first time in '92. Here's a hint: *it's the guy that won* B)

Link: http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Obama_Pays_Female_Staff_/2008/07/01/108863.html

The one key thing this idiotic newsmax article fails to address is exactly what position these people hold in relation to what they are paid, i.e. are their men and women holding the same level of position where the male is making more than the female. I guess that level of investigation is too taxing for a rag like newsmax.

Only a very very simple-minded individual could read this article and then conclude that somehoe Obama values the service of women less than men. God I hope the majority of the folks who vote in November aren't as mentally deficient as what I'm seeing on this board these days.

The one key thing this idiotic newsmax article fails to address is exactly what position these people hold in relation to what they are paid, i.e. are their men and women holding the same level of position where the male is making more than the female. I guess that level of investigation is too taxing for a rag like newsmax.

Only a very very simple-minded individual could read this article and then conclude that somehoe Obama values the service of women less than men. God I hope the majority of the folks who vote in November aren't as mentally deficient as what I'm seeing on this board these days.

The only idiocy I see is yours. If males aren't holding the same "level of position" as females in Obama's offices, then that proves exactly the point of the article. Obama elevates men to positions of power and not women.

Only a very, very, ~very~ simple-minded individual could fail to understand that.

The only idiocy I see is yours. If males aren't holding the same "level of position" as females in Obama's offices, then that proves exactly the point of the article. Obama elevates men to positions of power and not women.

Only a very, very, ~very~ simple-minded individual could fail to understand that.

So a woman's qualifications should only be that she's a woman? You sound ridiculous and like the antithesis of what you normally spew. I swear many conservatives here seem to have little to no integrity. You'll twist any which way to make the "liberal" you hate the most at the time look bad.

It's like the old Bugs Bunny trick. Say the opposite of what you mean to get your opponent to agree with you.