Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

techbalt

Prostitution in Baltimore

98 posts in this topic

I know there are going to be people out there who say we should not worry about prostitution in Baltimore. Some will say there are bigger things to worry about or it is just lonely men paying for sex. If you had to live a neighborhood with armed drug dealing pimps and johns trolling around in their cars you probably would think differently. If you had to pick up used condoms from your alley or witness prostitutes defecating in your backyard you probably would also have different opinions concerning the severity of the problem.

http://www.examiner.com/x-284-Baltimore-Politics-Examiner~y2008m8d3-A-Baltimore-Prostitution-Web-Site

And unbelievably enough you can go online and get exact locations of prostitution hot spots (as documented at the above link) and "advice" on where to pick one up at.

Solutions to prostitution problem:

Apart from exterminating the human race, we could:

* Make it legal.

* If not, go after johns.

* Remind people in blunt terms that if they decide to partake in the pleasures of a Baltimore protitute, their chances of getting HIV will increase ten fold.

Solutions to prostitution problem:

Apart from exterminating the human race, we could:

* Make it legal.

* If not, go after johns.

* Remind people in blunt terms that if they decide to partake in the pleasures of a Baltimore protitute, their chances of getting HIV will increase ten fold.

If not, go after johns- they do, vehicle is confiscated when arrested. Still remember the story of the towtruck driver on Pulaski Hgwy who had both his towtruck and the delivery truck he was towing confiscated (truck was temporary until ownership confirmed).

Prostitution is not a victimless crime- it is directly tied to drugs and "white" slavery.

Get In On It:eek:

I was down in the Pigtown area last week and was surprised at the number of houses being renovated in a new wave of renaissance. No obvious signs of illicit drug trafficking, however, as I turned towards Wilkens avenue I saw no less than three streetwalkers on the prowl and this was mid-afternoon Sunday. Unfortunately, the prospective investor I was with saw them too.

I was down in the Pigtown area last week and was surprised at the number of houses being renovated in a new wave of renaissance. No obvious signs of illicit drug trafficking, however, as I turned towards Wilkens avenue I saw no less than three streetwalkers on the prowl and this was mid-afternoon Sunday. Unfortunately, the prospective investor I was with saw them too.

Lower Wilkens is a mess.

Lower Wilkens is a mess.

Yes it is...and has been for years. Lots of vacant properties, trash and debris in the streets, drug and alcohol abuse, and crushing poverty. Very sad...

I know there are going to be people out there who say we should not worry about prostitution in Baltimore. Some will say there are bigger things to worry about or it is just lonely men paying for sex. If you had to live a neighborhood with armed drug dealing pimps and johns trolling around in their cars you probably would think differently. If you had to pick up used condoms from your alley or witness prostitutes defecating in your backyard you probably would also have different opinions concerning the severity of the problem.

http://www.examiner.com/x-284-Baltimore-Politics-Examiner~y2008m8d3-A-Baltimore-Prostitution-Web-Site

And unbelievably enough you can go online and get exact locations of prostitution hot spots (as documented at the above link) and "advice" on where to pick one up at.

This is the real site, and I would argue it's alot more brazen.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/search/ers/?query=w4m

But this isn't an easy problem to solve. It's hard to convince a poor woman that she is better off spending 40 hours on her feet in a Walmart rather than 5 or 6 hours on her back for 10 times the money.

If we can't shut it down completely, and I don't believe we can, the best we an do it regulate it, license it, and require std testing as a requirement to be relicensed.

Consenting adults is one thing, but I've seen endless girls on craigslist who are on missingkids.com. The ones where photos are blurred out very often are minors. They run away for whatever reason, and within no time they are being held in hotel rooms 24/7...These girls have almost zero chance to escape...They are held in hotel rooms 24/7 with a pimp or associate with them at all times. Even during 'client sessions' - pimps have their kronies sitting in closets quite often to make sure the girls don't escape out windows and/or try to elicit the customers help to escape.

pepper,

I read the story in your link.

It says there's a forced prostitution problem, but offers no evidence other than some politicians saying it's there.

Germany, the Netherlands, and other countries have it legalized, with health checks, in certain areas, and it seems to work rather well. It's got to be better than the way we do it here.

I'm quite proud to say that I've been mentioned on that site as somebody who's making life difficult for the johns :).

Apparently the "noise" I'm making is making it harder on them. They've also griped on that site about how bad the selection in Pigtown has become. The girls are having to go elsewhere, which is weakening the illicit drug trade here and our neighborhood is getting better as a result.

Also, the johns aren't going unnoticed. A friend of mine put up a website where the guys who appear to be picking up hookers will find themselves posted.

Eventually the *****nozzles at USASG will get tired of having their personal details posted for their wives to find on that site and find somewhere to locate addicted women to abuse.

Really? It seems to work well in Nevada.

Not in the way you might think. (if you're familiar with prostitution in Nevada, you already know, but others might not)

In Nevada, legal prostitution is tightly controlled and its only legal in a few counties. In Vegas looking for legal sex? Be prepared to drive at least 60 miles out, to the closest of many "ranches" where its legal. And don't bring less than 300 dollars.

That reality means that in Vegas for example, theres a huge illegal prostitution business. Its a dangerous and dirty thing, for hookers and johns alike.

pepper,

I read the story in your link.

It says there's a forced prostitution problem, but offers no evidence other than some politicians saying it's there.

Germany, the Netherlands, and other countries have it legalized, with health checks, in certain areas, and it seems to work rather well. It's got to be better than the way we do it here.

Sometimes the best intentions have bad results. Germany legalized prostitution to get it out of the hands of crimminal organizations, the goal being to reduce the illegal trafficking of women, and to make working conditions safer.

No good deed goes unpunished. Most estimates put at least half of all German prostitutes as foreign, meaning the laws don't work for them. They operate under the radar.

The legalization and registration, the monthly health checks, etc. seriously drives up the price, and just as with Vegas, it helps maintain the market of guys and girls, willing to turn 10 or 20 dollar tricks. Thats the majority of prostitutes.