Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest FHS fan

Harford County Lacrosse

1,227 posts in this topic

Brad Gerrick blows hes a liar and a terrible reporter. He reports falsehoods and lies. Hes also obssesed with girls basketball. It's kinda weird actually. Ne way he is not to be trusted as he does not have a true grasp on reality.

As an outsider I feel sorry for all who are vested in HC lax. I used to recruit over there and was always able to see numerous games because you play at night. I could never understand why the county didn’t dominate. It should be year in and year out a very competitive league. You are one of the oldest playing counties in the country (early 80’s) and seem to have some good coaches, players, the necessary funding and parental support. Unfortunately many of the good players and recently good young coaches seem forced to flee, not because your schools are bad but the lax programs don’t get any respect or pub. Plus, your fearless leader of county athletics has gone out and merged the county with Cecil County. Now this doesn’t effect lax but in time they say it will. Cecil County isn’t even covered by the Sun paper, which already barely covers your lax. You are telling me that when this merger happens in lax that a reporter from the sun is going to travel an hour to cover only one team who is playing some start up program. Don’t worry I am sure there are a lot of college coaches that subscribe to your Aegis paper. This lack of exposure makes Hcounty a hotbed for recruiting players for the private schools and this will only continue. Hence JC is back and will only keep getting better. Sad thing there is some real unnoticed talent in your county.

As for this year, will it be the year Bel Air finally beats CMW for the first time in like twenty tries (I think they used to play twice a year in the 90’s). That’s a lot of tries!!!! Maybe they will change their offence and not run the same sets week 10 as they were running in week 2, and please don’t give me this you don’t get the kids from the rec program either. Excuse! Wasn’t it only two seasons ago that an Edgewood team with zero rec programs demolished CMW 18 to 6, and beat Bel air? Interesting can you say coaching!!! As a former coach I wouldn’t even waste time scouting Bel Air. Bel Air does seem to have some good young talent this year assuming their goalie makes it back from surgery. Coach Carr did a great job during his reign and left the program in great shape for an energetic Coach Kelly. The program is much more stable and headed in the right direction compared to where it was before he arrived. Kelley should be able to win his share of games. But 4th place in a weak county isn’t good enough anymore and good luck keeping those attitudes in line.

Fallston/ N. Harford great programs with great coaches that go out and play quality teams. A tough early schedule will only make them better for post season. But playing them isn’t beating them. Good luck and stay healthy.

Hats off to the coaches at Havre de Grace for their hard work with starting the rec program and getting kids in that neck of the woods interested in the sport.

As for your evil empire also known as the Mustangs…… They always appear to have some good athletes and quite a bit of talent. But still have a goose egg in the state championship column. People seem to be way to tough on Gerard but maybe it is time to get a good young coach in there. They my catch a break this year by not being in the 2a/3a division which depending on how things shape up might be the toughest division of them all.

JC I hear Maryland school for the blind and deaf has an open date on their schedule and is looking for a game.

As for the rest of your county I really don’t know cause there really hasn’t been a reason to follow. Good luck neighbors!!!!! Sorry for the long ramble I guess I just can’t wait till games start.

Your focus upon both teams from the Bel Air area makes me laugh. Neither team has been exceptional in the past two or three years. To go so far as to call CMW an evil empire is just absolutely ridiculous.

Fallston's won the county title in 2 of the past 3 years (2002 and 2004) and a state title the year before that (2001). How's that for something to talk about.

Sorry for my obsession with Fallston, but to consider CMW an evil empire means you haven't been paying much attention to har co lax for quite awhile. I tend to agree tho, the cecil county merge will only hurt har co lax in the future.

FHSlax9.

all you talk about is how great Fallston is and how you will beat NH. Wy don't you bring some meaningful observations rather than just boasts and gripes. Others seam to add more while your is just inflammatory comments.

Does Fallston play any other teams this year worth talking about besides NH?

i believe they're playing franklin who had a great team last year...i haven't gotten word about any other games

they typically play a tough schedule (hereford and friends early last season) and the sheckells tournament typically sports 1 tough PA team (West Chester last year, Springfield in earlier years)

Great Post, it hard to argue with much of it. We are still are the Hicks with sticks to the York Road types. There is some very good lacrosse up here. I don't understand why there is not more of it. We still have a lot of work to do in battling that baseball culture and developing that lacrosse culture. We also have to keep our kids home. We will do better at all that. It will take more time. Please come back up and watch a game or two this year. There will be some good ball.

heels "Wasn’t it only two seasons ago that an Edgewood team with zero rec programs demolished CMW 18 to 6, and beat Bel air?"

Edgewood has had a rec program for more then 15 years. The year you are talking about I think they had Zimmer and Gaines. I am prety sure they played on the edgewood/joppatowne rec. team.

I admit I am not familiar with all the teams, so hopefully people will be honest when responding:

Attack: Louie Boyle, Bosse, Dean Thrasher, Capallo (finisher)

Defense: Goedeke,Rigdon

Midfield:Cox. Fallston is deep at middie but not sure of names

Goalie: Brandon McNutt (McNew?), not sure of others

Let's make this a realistic honest discussion, this is what it is all about

ive heard of everyone on ur lists skins but ive never heard of the goalie mcnut/mcknew? anyone no infomation bout this kid? school, age, skill or a goalie that someone thinks is better

McNutt is the goalie at Bel Air i believe....sophomore this year and a great ball stopper... hopefully he's matured and will keep his head if his team gets down early rather than frustrated... should be good either way

Pedri at NH is good

Attack: Bosse, Thrasher, Capallo, Boyle and HDG's Christian Schaefer (puts up good numbers and is only a junior i believe)... Fallston has an attackmen this year that didn't play last year due to other reasons that everyone should look out for

Defense: Goedeke, Rigdon, MIlchling, Aberdeen had a good defenseman that was only a freshman or sophomore (don't know his name)

Midfield: Smith, Novak Fisher at Fallston.... all quick with great sticks.

LSM: Cox, mike simon at fallston

i dont no if its true or not but i heard a rumor that mcknew might not even be able to play this year due to an injury he suffered in a tounrament and had to have surgery on this offseason

I thought the NH JV goalie last year did a good job. He was a big kid with a good stick. I don't know his name.

The county seems to be weak in the net this year. Could be a big year for scoring.

Does anybody know where i can get a HC master schedule? Lax power looks pretty incomplete.

if you get the Aegis, a master schedule for every team is posted in the Spring Preview section whenever it comes out.

I hope MacKnew can play for Bel Air. Hopefully he is working hard rehabbing it. Who will be the goalie at CMW, either Jimmy Dyches or Anthony Zymoda? We know Fallston is up in the air, NH has Pedri, not sure of the others. Anyone else know how the goalies stack up in the county??

I have seen Zymoda and Dyches play, I really think Dyches is better than Zymoda plus he has more years to offer Gerard. If he is as good or EXTREMELY close, I would think about going with the younger guy

Sorry: i forgot to add this in my last post.

I would love to see CMW have a good year at Lax. They are a great rivalry and have had some very good teams in the past. I remember some memorable games over at CMP field. Can you give us a breakdown on who they will have. Who are the young guns and veterans that will make up their team this year.

on defense this year bel air could surprise a few people. last year they had a defense that wasnt horrible but was rather slow and teams really didnt have a problem penatrating and getting to the goal on them. look for them to come out this year with an new uptempo attitude. one key addition to their d this year is senior transfer ryan ireton from jc. he will get a lot of time either at long pole midi or at close d (probally will switch back and forth between the two with returning senior jackson who is a big hitter). also i think teams will find junior bobby baur will use his quick stick along with his size to be a more dominant force this year. junior brian rupert will probally get the toehr starting spot at clsoe d this year, and if he has progressed as much as what ive heard he could cause some real problems for offenses this year, and in goal they have returning sophomore starter mcknew (if he returns from surgery) and with a year under his belt now i think he will be more matured then last year and should have a solid year