Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest FHS fan

Harford County Lacrosse

1,227 posts in this topic

zymoda was the starter last year for CMW, correct me if i'm wrong so if you're looking for Varsity experience, i would look for zymoda to get the nod over the other guy early on in the season. I haven't seen the other one play. I remember zymoda as being tall and lanky and he had a tendency to drop to his knees on any low shots.

I've heard that Fallston players (bosse smith novak etc.) have been ripping upon one of the sophomores that is expected to get pulled up. He had a tendency to duck when shots came his way last year but with the cannons these guys have, i'm sure he's gotten a lot more confident in the goal. Goalie will definitly be Fallston's achilles heel.

Pedri split time with Hartline i believe last year, i don't have much to offer on him.

I already put in my words on McNew.

Edgewoods goalie last year was a senior i believe, not sure of what they have to offer otherwise.

Not sure on other goalie situations... seems like goalie is DEFINITLY the achilles heel for the entire county.

I think NH will have several quality years ahead of them with the goalie position. They probably have three goalies that are above average. I was also definitely impressed watching Bel Air's young goalie. With experience he probably won't get as rattled like last year.

Did anyone see the FHS vs. Westchester game last year? I was amazed by westchester's long pole middie > this player single handedly dismantled Fallston

Yes I remember seeing that kid play. He played with a long pole like he was using a shortiy. He was amazing to watch and looked like a man among boys. I almost wondered what he would be like with a short pole. I think that game was in the tournament Fallston hosts early in the season. Hope they keep that up!

that kid was the GREATEST stick checker i've ever seen in my life. The things he did with his stick were amazing and it taunted our middies. He now attends Maryland and is playing there.

I heard some info that Hereford may be down this year. Word was they lost some Seniors and some Juniors decided not to play. Must be some problems in paradise. Anyone have any info on that? Hereford normally fields a strong squad.

Fallston and N Harford both play Hereford early in the season.

Bel air will shock many people this year, We have many talented middies that will fill the void from last year, along with louie boyle who will be playing midfiled and attack this year. Our goalie Brandon Mcknew is very good and the person from fallston who said he had a bad year has no clue what they are talking about.

Bel Air will end up 3rd or 4th in the county this year. 3rd if they can beat CMW

what are your guys thoughts, will this finally be the year bel air puts it together and beat cmw, or will they crumble just like they did last year in all of their big county games?

I think CMW is down this year > Bel Air had a decent year last year and did not lose much. It is hard to say CMW usually starts out slow and picks up as the year goes on. Gerard usually gets his team prepared. Somehow Bel Air doesn't show up in big county games. I am routing for Bel Air to pull it off this year.

i too am routing for bel air to be able to finally beat cmw this year, but unless key contributors step up it could be the same story as the past couple of years

I just hope the Bel Air players prepare themselves for the season by getting in shape and working on their sticks. It seams that there is always a lot of "I will" but does it really happen. I don't want players trash talking and providing heat yet, they need to get themselves prepared. I just wonder how the new coach, Scoop Kelly, will be?

Where is Scoop Kelly from? Is he a teacher or is he a former collegiate lax player? > or both?

He was the former prolific scorer for the perennial CAA power George mason tribe!!!!

ring '81 unc.... nephew played in Hcounty in the mid*'90's won a ring and now coaches,,,,

Did the rest of our posters die?? Where are they out there?? Do you think in general the Bel Air individuals are getting themselves in shape by themselves?? What do other teams, encourage as far as offseason training to be in shape??

I know a bit about the offseason. Fallston is all I really know about. The team is strongly encouraged to participate is training sessions 5 days a week. They are run by seniors but a coach will show up and watch every day. Attendance is kept. They do a running routine on the outside track and a weigh room lifting routine inside. That is all well and good but it is not enough. Some kids play a winter sport (basketball) and get a pass for that. Most also lift on their own to get a step ahead.

The real news at Fallston is about cuts. Five years ago no cuts were made. They tried to stay with that and took large teams the last few years cutting as few as possible. This year the jv at least were told that this would end and they would take a team of 26 to 28. I think this will be a huge improvement and I hope varsity is on board with this as well. Otherwise kids don't work hard in the off season and you end up with goof offs on the team. We will see in a week what they really do.

Hats Off to Heels. We certainly don't want to out anyone on a board. but that 81 team was the birth of Tar Heel lacrosse. First championship, Haas was on that team as a defenseman I believe. I think they won again in 82 or 83. Wonderfukl lacrosse credentials. I metion this because we don't have a lot of that in Harford County. That is the kind of inspirational leadership that can really lift an area in the game. That is what the York Road programs have in buckets and we have in dribs and drabs.

who do you think the best to come out of the Harford county the last 10 years. I know this excludes some great players that edgewood had when they won three state championships and some good BA, Fallston and NH athletes from the past.... But in the last 10 years the best I think i saw was Todd Paradice from Fallston. He was awesome. As far as rings go I think their are several floating around the county. Players who went to Salisbury, the wac (coached by the great johny haus) and i even think Joppatowne was two players with rings Wardo and one that went to Middlebury. Sorry J-town guy I wasn't aware Edgewood/Jtown has had a rec program for 15 years I have never seen a junier "a" team up my way. Didn't mean to slight you was just applauding the performance of the Rams beating a CMW squad and BA with LITTLE rec program.

Heels the players from joppatowne that have rings with Salisbury is Brian Ward and Bret Baldwin. Baldwin is a teacher at fallston now.

anybody know if some of the games this year will beo covered by the harford county sports network for game of the week? what will be the best games to go watch?

Paradice and Gaines come to mind. Steve Mull is doing well at Towson. I would have to really think more about this one.