Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BASEBALLAH

Harco baseball 09

920 posts in this topic

I am very excited for this year anyone have predictions on how this season will play out? Also any players to look for?

Never to early to start!

Tech won't be very good. It's between CMW, Bel Air, and Fallston. Nh is weak. I'll go CMW, Bel Air, Fallston, Tech, NH in order

Is there any pitching in Harford County this year? I've heard this year is a bit down in the state, talent-wise. How is next year's (2010) top talent?

CMW has devecchio and markey, but Fallston is very deep.There are no standout like Loar and Thomas the last 2 seasons though. They have 3 lefties in Lozzi, Knudsen and Manns to go with Nelson and Weinhold as returners. Last years JV kicks in Galeone and Carnesi. Lots of arms in Cougarland with a second year pitching coach that did a great job last season after coming over from Franklin. What do Bel Air, N.H. and Tech have on the hill?

Im sorry but ive played with the kids who graduated from CMW last year woldarczyk, rappazo, raab, etc. And with those types of players graduating you wont be the same at all. This is a team that had Rapazzo pitch almost every other game and had an ERA near 1.00 I believe and Woody who batted over 500 and i believe was first for second team all state. If you can give me reasons why they will be good, I will be amazed, losing in my opnion the best pitcher and hitter in the county in one year.

How is Nh going to be weak? They've got a very solid infield.....pitching won't be too bad with Adams and Bayer (Come loaded for bear), only place they are hurting @ is outfield. Usually outfielders are not hard to come by?

-My picks; Bel Air,Nh,Fallston,Cmw.

This is how it always plays out, i believe that Bel Air with have a very strong team this year.

Who does CMW have for pitching other than Devecchio and Markey? Also, it seems that they lost a lot and need to fill 3b, and I believe 3 OF positions assuming that Devecchio moves to first.

I may be a homer, but I believe John Carroll will have a good year. We have 3 good starters in Wolff, Keane, and Shaw. I think we can be over 500 this year.

yes i do not believe that c mil. will be the same team the past couple years. They are hurting at alot of positions and lack pitching behind Dev.

I may be a homer, but I believe John Carroll will have a good year. We have 3 good starters in Wolff, Keane, and Shaw. I think we can be over 500 this year.

I agree with you and I hear St.Clair and Von Paris may be returning to baseball this year.

my predictions are cmw and bel air will be battling it out all year but i'll give cmw the edge they have 2 of top pitchers in the state and pitching wins championships but it could go either way fallston will be in the mix with them because of their depth of pitching we will see how it plays out in 09

I agree with you and I hear St.Clair and Von Paris may be returning to baseball this year.

Is this a joke?? Would you not know since you are his father?

CMW have two good players comming up that will fill the outfield. Third is the only question. When CMW lost vernes, klapko, walter, rafferty, and sorick they thought they'd be in trouble but they turned out even better. THey have the best 2 pitchers in the area and they are two of the best in the state in devechio and markey. and devec had an ERA of 0.00 entering the playoffs. After that they might be weak at thier 3rd starter but they went through the playoffs last year with only two pitchers. Plus the addition of Clow will help. Fallston has pitching depth but no legit starter. They bring up Knudsen though and he's a good lefty. Bel Air has Nadolny who is very good but nothing after that. NH won't hit and have nothing on the mound past adams. Tech has Neukam and that's it on the mound. I think CMW will win with pitching and defense and Bel Air will be close behind with a solid ace and a hell of a lineup.

I think Tech and NH take steps back this year and it becomes a three way battle with BA, CMW and Fallston. Too close to call at this point but I would give the best lineup to BA and the most pitching depth to Fallston with CMW probably being number 2 in both categories.

On another note... have any seniors committed to any colleges yet? The only one I know of is Devecchio to HCC because he told that to me firsthand.

CMW needs to figure out third base and a decent 3rd starter. They lose some good bats but they still have dominant pitching and defense so i expect them to three-peat. NH loses all of their bats other than Guy and Ebsworth and only have Adams left to pitch. Fallston loses some good bats and loar on the mound. They have a great outfield but very weak in the infield. They have alot of solid pitchers with weinhold, nelson, lozzi, knuson but no one that can shut teams out consistantly. Tech is very weak in the outfield but they have a very solid infield and a few good bats left, along with a solid pitcher so they should be in the middle again. Bel Air loses their 1-2 batters but bring back the rest of the lineup and should put up some runs. They need to figure out shortstop and they need a #2 and #3 on the mound and i don't think they can find it. They'll score but give up some when nadolny isn't on the mound. So i'll go with CMW, Bel Air, Fallston, Tech, NH

Devecchio and markey may be 2 of the better arms in harco, but neither are 2 of the best in the state. Does the word small come to mind? Size matters at the next level and they both come up short. Go watch the top senior pitchers state wide and you will not see either. Why do we not see many Harco players succeed at the college level? I am not talking just D1, but D11 and D111 also. I don't know the answer. I am posing the question.

Devecchio and markey may be 2 of the better arms in harco, but neither are 2 of the best in the state. Does the word small come to mind? Size matters at the next level and they both come up short. Go watch the top senior pitchers state wide and you will not see either. Why do we not see many Harco players succeed at the college level? I am not talking just D1, but D11 and D111 also. I don't know the answer. I am posing the question.

I know from JC that Van Beek (sp) started at Villa Julie last year as a Freshman and put up good numbers. I also know that Randy Boyle form JC starts out at Salisbury and led the team in hitting last year. Also won conference honors. Not sure about the other schools but I'm sure there has to be more.

...a chance to see real good college baseball talent from Georgia, Maryland, Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, UNC Charlotte, UNC Greensboro, Florida Atlantic, VCU, West Virginia, Temple, Rider (Harford County's own Mike Thomas), Hofstra (CHC's Jeff Guthridge), Georgia Southern, South Carolina and others this season who will suit up for the Maryland Redbirds of the Cal Ripken Sr Collegiate Baseball League, playing their home weeknight games at the new field going up at the Ripken complex in Aberdeen. See the players on exhibit this summer and you may have an answer to your question.

markey is one of the better pitchers in the state he can shut down teams and will give cmw a chance every time hes on the mound if they can put up 4 or more runs as with devecchio if he gets bigger he picks up speed on his fastball he can be just as dominate these two should give calvert hall all it can handle when they square off in the spring at the hall

I think Tech and NH take steps back this year and it becomes a three way battle with BA, CMW and Fallston. Too close to call at this point but I would give the best lineup to BA and the most pitching depth to Fallston with CMW probably being number 2 in both categories.

Tech looks bad? Just like last preseason i guess :)

Tech looks bad? Just like last preseason i guess :)

Didnt say they look bad. Just said they are gonna take a step backward. The only way they can go forward is if they win the state championship and I think most will agree that is a stretch. They always seem to prove doubters wrong so it wouldnt surprise me.

Didnt say they look bad. Just said they are gonna take a step backward. The only way they can go forward is if they win the state championship and I think most will agree that is a stretch. They always seem to prove doubters wrong so it wouldnt surprise me.

With the way the 1a looks i wouldnt say its a stretch.

Devecchio and Markey are two of the best pitchers in the state not because they are big but because they're effective. It's about getting batters out. They both do that. I'd say they're both in the top 10 at least in the state. I hate hearing about how big kids are and all of that jazz. If he can hit he can hit..if he can pitch he can pitch. And it's not like devecchio and markey are that small to begin with.