Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BASEBALLAH

Harco baseball 09

920 posts in this topic

Need a 3rd pitcher when it comes to winning the states. Especially if an injury pops up.Found that out last year at NE in AA county. Hodges and Keane pitched almost every game during season. Keane had back injury near end of season and into playoffs.Losing a tough game to Fallston.

Found out you really need a 3rd quality pitcher to win it all.

Good luck to Harford county teams next year.

Lots of talent their...Lots of tough teams.

Play them every year come state playoff time. I always enjoy reading your guys posts !

You are quite right durango. Last years NE-Fallston game was a classic. Our pitcher that day was DJ Keckler who was our number 3 starter and our shortstop.We could have easily come back with our horse, Bo Loar, but we stay in our rotation every year.and have been successful keeping pitchers healthy and being competitive. Just a footnote from that game, Keckler and our catcher, Robbie Nutt are both playing at Wesley College this year with my son. Unfortunately Robbie tore his ACL and will sit this season. Keckler looks like he may be in the weekend rotation as a freshman. Wesley has won 31 and 27 games the last two years and play in the tough CAC with Salisbury. I am always looking for the right fit for our local talent. Wesley is 75 miles from Fallston and has a great coach in Tripp Keister. Looks to me like there are a lot of Maryland boys doing well at all levels in college.

Need a 3rd pitcher when it comes to winning the states. Especially if an injury pops up.Found that out last year at NE in AA county. Hodges and Keane pitched almost every game during season. Keane had back injury near end of season and into playoffs.Losing a tough game to Fallston.

Found out you really need a 3rd quality pitcher to win it all.

Good luck to Harford county teams next year.

Lots of talent their...Lots of tough teams.

Play them every year come state playoff time. I always enjoy reading your guys posts !

If you guys can honestly tell me that you think these two kids are the best pitchers in the state, take a walk to Calvert Hall, St. Joe, St. John's(DC), Riverdale Baptist, Spalding, just to name a few. If two kids throwing in the mid to upper 70's are the top players in the state, the talent has really gone down hill. When you can tell me these kids are as good as LJ Hoes was, Paul Devito, a Bobby Lucas, or a Lingerman I will personally bow down to all of the people in this thread who believe that.

Easy hey-zeus, the harford countians are an enthusiastic lot who, perhaps, have not seen the top baseball players from around the state.

Most of these posts are enthusiastic and perhaps, a bit inflated about the players, but who cares. It's all in an effort to stimulate interest in the rivalries and the players -- which is at least, entertaining.

Last season there were no D1's. This year, haven't heard of any prospects. But the posts are prolific and amusing. By the end of June there will be 750 posts about harfco baseball. Relax and enjoy the fun!

Let us not forget that some of that Harco talent ends up at the Privates. Players like Yermal, Quigg,Guthridge etc. are examples. There are a lot more at good DII and DIII schools now. I am not disagreeing with you, but we are not void of talent up here. I see over 150 games a year and have seen everyone you mention. It is a treat to see talent like that in a not so warm weathered state like ours. Success cannot be measured by how many DI players you produce, but rather the type of young men that evolve from your programs. I am sure you agree that Harford can compete in that area.

Easy hey-zeus, the harford countians are an enthusiastic lot who, perhaps, have not seen the top baseball players from around the state.

Most of these posts are enthusiastic and perhaps, a bit inflated about the players, but who cares. It's all in an effort to stimulate interest in the rivalries and the players -- which is at least, entertaining.

Last season there were no D1's. This year, haven't heard of any prospects. But the posts are prolific and amusing. By the end of June there will be 750 posts about harfco baseball. Relax and enjoy the fun!

Grote stop posting on harford threads GO TO CALVERT HALL BASEBALL!!!!!

TRY ACTUALLY PLAYING, NOT JUST POSTING ABOUT BASEBALL

As for pitchers throwing in the high 70's...

It's all about getting outs. I would much rather have a pitcher throwing around 80 with very good control and quality offspeed pitches than a pitcher throwing in the mid 80's and can't get batters out.

Example my son topped out in high school around 83 with a good curve and an excellent knuckleball.He was very successful.

He has already increased his velocity to around 85-86mph in college during fall ball.

He pitches and plays ss for CCBC-Dundalk.The other day a player on Essex CC hit a home run

off of him on his fastball. What a shot I mean this guy hammered the ball. Coach told my son, the ball was hit so hard it put a dent in the tree.

LOL.

Next time up he struck the guy out on 65 mph knuckleballs and made him look bad doing it.

The player walked away shaking his head and threw his bat in disgust. Most players at high school and college levels are there because they can hit the fastball !

My long winded point is

Speed is not everything unless you can hit your spots and throw in the 90's....

I hope that when CMW and Calvert Hall play each other, they both treat it like an important game. It is possible that both teams could save their best pitchers for league games, especially Calvert Hall which has nothing to prove.

If both teams play their best players, I believe the CMW will win. This will be a down year for Calvert Hall.

I hope that when CMW and Calvert Hall play each other, they both treat it like an important game. It is possible that both teams could save their best pitchers for league games, especially Calvert Hall which has nothing to prove.

If both teams play their best players, I believe the CMW will win. This will be a down year for Calvert Hall.

I don't think so... Calvert Hall always just restocks. They are usually loaded at pitcher. This years team will feature M. Trionfo who I hear is hitting 90 consistently with his fastball. And don't forget about P. Blair. And for the record I am by no means a Calvert Hall fan or supporter. I would love nothing more than to see them get beat. :D

lol nice call out.

If you guys can honestly tell me that you think these two kids are the best pitchers in the state, take a walk to Calvert Hall, St. Joe, St. John's(DC), Riverdale Baptist, Spalding, just to name a few. If two kids throwing in the mid to upper 70's are the top players in the state, the talent has really gone down hill. When you can tell me these kids are as good as LJ Hoes was, Paul Devito, a Bobby Lucas, or a Lingerman I will personally bow down to all of the people in this thread who believe that.

Are you implying that markey or devecchio are in the mid upper 70's. Because Markey is mid 80's and devecchio is in the low 80's. And CMW was 2 outs away from a state champion with 2 pitchers to whole playoffs. Markey was hurt so devecchio and rappazzo pitched every inning of ever game.

Its so funny to hear how hard people think some kids throw. If you think Markey and Devecchio throw in the 80's you may need to readjust that radar gun. They may be effective ptichers but to say best in the state, you may need to get out more and see some more ball.

Go on perfect games website and look up markey. He hit 84 there. Devecchio is i'd say around 81-82. And name some better pitchers around the state. Trionfo from the hall is throwing around 88. After that there isn't any really hard throwers that i see. Name some if there are please.

the devecchio kid is nice, i'm sayin real nice relatively speaking but not top 2 in the state, thats crazy n that north harford experiment has expanded to the outfield that stands out like a sore index finger. i'll take ba 4 the money.

Well if I correctly recall, BUBBA, you had to leave Calvert Hall just to play varsity baseball. So you have no right to tell me what I can and can't say about Harco baseball. In fact, I am actually playing on a fall ball team with some of the top players from Harco teams, including Gentry, Hergesheimer, Devecchio, Nadolny, Clow, Wolfe etc up at HCC, so I think I am qualified to make statements on the talent levels of each of the high school teams. I've written nothing to offend anyone on this board, so I really am confused by your pointless attack on me.

Its so funny to hear how hard people think some kids throw. If you think Markey and Devecchio throw in the 80's you may need to readjust that radar gun. They may be effective ptichers but to say best in the state, you may need to get out more and see some more ball.

last time i checked people get bigger and throw harder every year why dont you go out and see the two of them pitch markey is in the mid 80s and devecchio is in the the low 80s and features a plethora of pitchers that are effective and get batters out... running a one two staff like cmw will have and their defense will zeberlien at 2nd halsey in the of and clow behind the dish will be stellar cmw will be tough to be beat and as long as they can hit they should be favorites in 4a will south river and arundel following it should be great game between cmw and calvert hall

I looked up Markey on the Perfect Game site and he hit 82 mph. The speeds they show are the top speed they hit. I always think it's kind of funny to see people post who the top arms are without knowing anything about other schools players. Not saying these players arn't good, but a 82 mph fastball is not overpowering.

Banditsbb

baseball is not worth talking about in HarCo.

im from HarCo. and it really isn't

Well then I guess it's not worth talking about from any county then...!!! Considering Tech and CMW went to the state championship games last year, I guess the county really is not that good. :D

woody graduated hes playing ball at hcc this year they have a pretty good squad up there... filling his spot will be clow a sophomore transfer from calvert hall great arm pretty good blocker hits well runs good for his position and overall a pretty smart ball player he should be key along with markey devecchio and zeberlien in cmw's quest for its first ever state title

woody graduated hes playing ball at hcc this year they have a pretty good squad up there... filling his spot will be clow a sophomore transfer from calvert hall great arm pretty good blocker hits well runs good for his position and overall a pretty smart ball player he should be key along with markey devecchio and zeberlien in cmw's quest for its first ever state title

Clow is probably a better defensive catcher then woody but not as good as a hitter, but he will be. And as for Corso if harford county isnt "all that" then i guess the state of maryland isnt either since we sent 2 teams to states last year.

i don't know many who can hit as well as woody. Clow will fill in nice. He's a better catcher for sure. I'm interested to see how CMW hits this year. They have some solid sticks still but not the same lineup as last year. devecchio is a very good hitter he was top ten last year in hitting and should be better. Markey i think will hit very well and Clow and Zeberlein will hit too. They have two good hitters from JV comming up with Shane Halsey and Andrew Gilley so i think they'll score enough to win. Bel Air will score the most i'm sure but they might give up too much.

I looked up Markey on the Perfect Game site and he hit 82 mph. The speeds they show are the top speed they hit. I always think it's kind of funny to see people post who the top arms are without knowing anything about other schools players. Not saying these players arn't good, but a 82 mph fastball is not overpowering.

Banditsbb

From what i hear from mostly everyone, Markey is CONSISTANTLY hitting 84 and can bring it up to 86.