Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BASEBALLAH

Harco baseball 09

920 posts in this topic

How does a JC pitcher with a 4.30 era make 2nd team all county when there were at least 27 players with lower eras. I don't even believe he was in the top 2 in era on JC

I would like to see the all whatever teams be based on position, ie 1 player from each position.

baliey has potential to be very successful at Alvernia and may transfer in his later years. congrats to his all-metro selection and i wish him the best of luck

This is not a surprise...... the Aegis always picks 1 or 2 JC players. They were probably the two best players on the JC team this year.

How does a JC pitcher with a 4.30 era make 2nd team all county when there were at least 27 players with lower eras. I don't even believe he was in the top 2 in era on JC

I would like to see the all whatever teams be based on position, ie 1 player from each position.

This is not a surprise....... The Aegis always picks 1 or 2 JC players. They were probably the top players on JC this year.

This is not a surprise....... The Aegis always picks 1 or 2 JC players. They were probably the top players on JC this year.

How does being a top player at JC qualify you for all Harco. I thought that players should make it based on what they did on the field. If JC's top 1 or 2 pitcher had a 4.50 era, then the rest of their staff must be really weak. This is surprising as I though that the program was improving.

I must apologize to the JC pitcher that made 2nd team all Harco with a 4.30 era. Another pitcher from JC also made all Harco with a 2-3 record and a 5.45 era.

CMW Fanatic - while you are picking on JC selections, why don't you look at some of the CMW selections. Clow made 2nd team and didn't hit .338 as opposed to Fuhrman who hit .375. Gilly made 1st team and Ebsworth and Goodrich had higher averages.

I also wonder how Chris Tserkis can lead Harco in hitting, but not make at least 2nd team. I realize he played in the lower division, but the Aegis needs to show some love to the second division also.

I don't even think John Carroll should be considered for all-county. Unless they are playing county teams on a consistent basis, they shouldn't be in the running for anything county, and should just worry about making digital sports all-miaa or all metro.

OK..I am going to ask the question that going to set it off. If John Carroll had played in the UCBAC upper conference, where would thhey have finished. My guess is 4th behind Fallston, who I think beat them (no being a jerk..I am really not sure). Behind Bel Air and Behind CMW, who beat JC's conference champs.

OK fellas, have at it!

Tserkis Plays in cecil county. May have something with him not making all harford county

For the Aegis all-county player selections......

I think it would be more fair for the Aegis to have an all-county selection for the Chesapeake Division AND the Susquehanna Division.

Also, JC is not in the UCBAC and should not have selections in the Aegis all-county.

For the Aegis all-county player selections......

I think it would be more fair for the Aegis to have an all-county selection for the Chesapeake Division AND the Susquehanna Division.

Also, JC is not in the UCBAC and should not have selections in the Aegis all-county.

I can understand that people would want the successful players from the Susquehanna division recognized, but the fact is that the best players are in the Chesapeake. Those great players that still would have dominated in the Chesapeake (i.e. Joe Harbach last year), will get recognized. The talent discrepancy is much greater than people will admit, just look at HDG this year. They dominated the lower division last year and get killed this year in Chesapeake.

I don't see a problem with JC getting all-county recognition, as they do play for a Harford County school. They might not consistently play other Harco teams, but they are Harco residents who excelled against other top talent in the very competitive MIAA. Sophomore KJ Hockaday hit something like 8 homeruns and played shortstop on a solid JC team and thus should be recognized. Christian Wolfe, while he might not have been great on the mound, had a good season at the plate as their No. 4 hitter.

Also in response to where JC would have finished, I think they would have been anywhere from 2nd to 4th. Fallston is the only team I consistently see beating them.

I can understand that people would want the successful players from the Susquehanna division recognized, but the fact is that the best players are in the Chesapeake. Those great players that still would have dominated in the Chesapeake (i.e. Joe Harbach last year), will get recognized. The talent discrepancy is much greater than people will admit, just look at HDG this year. They dominated the lower division last year and get killed this year in Chesapeake.

I don't see a problem with JC getting all-county recognition, as they do play for a Harford County school. They might not consistently play other Harco teams, but they are Harco residents who excelled against other top talent in the very competitive MIAA. Sophomore KJ Hockaday hit something like 8 homeruns and played shortstop on a solid JC team and thus should be recognized. Christian Wolfe, while he might not have been great on the mound, had a good season at the plate as their No. 4 hitter.

Also in response to where JC would have finished, I think they would have been anywhere from 2nd to 4th. Fallston is the only team I consistently see beating them.

I don't have an issue with Hockaday or Wolfe. I do have an issue with the 2nd team selection from JC where you have a pitcher with a 4+era and a 5+ era (plus a losing record). They probably wouldn't have been in the top 2 starters for the top Harco teams

I believe that all county should reflect on field stats, on field behavior, and off field behavior. After all, you are representing your school 24/7.

Last year, I was critical of Repazzo for selection to the all county team. His stats were deserving, but his off field behavior was an issue. I was also critical of Devecchio this year for the same reasons.

However, I found that I was defending the JC all county selections. Let me be clear up front that Hockaday is deserving of the recognition. Wolfe has that stats, but doesn't deserve the recognition because of his on and off field behavior. Trent Shaw does not have stats to be considered even for the second team, but he has NO behavior issues. Keane does not have the stats and his behavior was so cancerous to the team that he was told not to try out next year.

Applying the same criteria that I used to criticize the CMW selections, I must state that the only JC player deserving of the recognition is KJ.

I believe that all county should reflect on field stats, on field behavior, and off field behavior. After all, you are representing your school 24/7.

Last year, I was critical of Repazzo for selection to the all county team. His stats were deserving, but his off field behavior was an issue. I was also critical of Devecchio this year for the same reasons.

However, I found that I was defending the JC all county selections. Let me be clear up front that Hockaday is deserving of the recognition. Wolfe has that stats, but doesn't deserve the recognition because of his on and off field behavior. Trent Shaw does not have stats to be considered even for the second team, but he has NO behavior issues. Keane does not have the stats and his behavior was so cancerous to the team that he was told not to try out next year.

Applying the same criteria that I used to criticize the CMW selections, I must state that the only JC player deserving of the recognition is KJ.

first off, its based on how you do on the field, stats, not behavior

second, wolfe had better stats than kj this year and i have no idea what you have talking about with his on and off field behavior, so im pretty sure he deserves the recognition

third, i can actually agree with you on something about shaw and keene

I don't even think John Carroll should be considered for all-county. Unless they are playing county teams on a consistent basis, they shouldn't be in the running for anything county, and should just worry about making digital sports all-miaa or all metro.

Last time I checked a map, JC was in Harford County. What are you afraid of, some kid might be recognized for doing well in a tough league?