Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mensch Meyer

Rahm Emanuel. Obama's new Chief of Staff: Israeli Citizen, Agent

117 posts in this topic

Not only is Emanuel a "neocon" - he is an Israeli citizen and served as an Israeli agent when "...he left the US to serve as a civilian volunteer in the Israel Defense Forces during the 1991 Gulf War, serving in one of Israel's northern bases, rust-proofing brakes.? -- (Really? Rustproofing brakes ??? Sure...)

As an American during the Persian Gulf War in 1991, why did Emanuel volunteer to serve in the Israeli Defense Forces -- instead of volunteering in the US Military?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_Emanuel

And here are Emanual's real 'credentials:'

"...Of Israeli origin, he obtained the United-Stator nationality at the age of 18. As a volunteer engaged during Desert Storm operation ( 1991 ), Rahm Emanuel (then 32-years old) has served for Israel defence against a possible Iraqi attack.

Accused afterwards of being a Tsahal officer and of being subjected to a double allegiance, Mr Emanuel pointed out that he had not served in the uniform. In fact, according to our information, he would be a member of Amal, Tsahal’s military intelligence service.

Rahm Emanuel is Benyamin Auerbach’s son. On September 17, 1948, Mr. Auerbach took part, under Yitzhak Shamir’s authority, in the attack that caused the death of both the Swedish count Folke Bernadotte (UNO mediator in Palestine) and the French colonel André Sérot (a United Nations military observer).

It is this double assassination which put an end to the binational State project in Palestine and which transformed the Israel State nature itself in comparison with what had been decided by the UN Organisation."

Emanuel has quite a pedigree!!! :P

http://www.voltairenet.org/article144314.html

"At this point of his political career he was known for his intensity. Notably, he reportedly told British Prime Minister Tony Blair, prior to Blair appearing in public with Clinton for the first time after the Lewinsky scandal, "This is important. Don't f**k it up."[8] Emanuel is said to have "mailed a rotting fish to a former coworker after the two parted ways."[7] On the night after the 1996 election, "Emanuel was so angry at the president's enemies that he stood up at a celebratory dinner with colleagues from the campaign, grabbed a steak knife and began rattling off a list of betrayers, shouting 'Dead! ... Dead! ... Dead!' and plunging the knife into the table after every name."[2] His "take-no-prisoners attitude" earned him the nickname "Rahm-bo".[7]"

well, he sounds like a pretty nice guy. B)

" On the night after the 1996 election, "Emanuel was so angry at the president's enemies that he stood up at a celebratory dinner with colleagues from the campaign, grabbed a steak knife and began rattling off a list of betrayers, shouting 'Dead! ... Dead! ... Dead!' and plunging the knife into the table after every name."[2] i]

Sounds to me like he's seen Animal House....

he sounds like a jackass.

more of obama's judgment being called into question?

Emanuel, who served as a political and policy aide in the Clinton White House before running for Congress, weighed the family and political considerations before accepting. He will have to resign his seat, relinquish his position in the House Democratic leadership and put aside hopes of becoming House speaker.

"At this point of his political career he was known for his intensity. Notably, he reportedly told British Prime Minister Tony Blair, prior to Blair appearing in public with Clinton for the first time after the Lewinsky scandal, "This is important. Don't f**k it up."[8] Emanuel is said to have "mailed a rotting fish to a former coworker after the two parted ways."[7] On the night after the 1996 election, "Emanuel was so angry at the president's enemies that he stood up at a celebratory dinner with colleagues from the campaign, grabbed a steak knife and began rattling off a list of betrayers, shouting 'Dead! ... Dead! ... Dead!' and plunging the knife into the table after every name."[2] His "take-no-prisoners attitude" earned him the nickname "Rahm-bo".[7]"

"He's just an excitable boy..."...Warren Zevon

"He's just an excitable boy..."...Warren Zevon

yeah, those white house dinners should be pretty exciting. :eek:

"However, the lawmaker's direct style has ruffled a number of feathers in Washington, and Emanuel is known as one of the toughest partisan fighters on Capitol Hill."

sounds like we're coming together already peeps. B)

cnn story

Not only is Emanuel a "neocon" - he is an Israeli citizen and served as an Israeli agent when "...he left the US to serve as a civilian volunteer in the Israel Defense Forces during the 1991 Gulf War, serving in one of Israel's northern bases, rust-proofing brakes.? -- (Really? Rustproofing brakes ??? Sure...)

As an American during the Persian Gulf War in 1991, why did Emanuel volunteer to serve in the Israeli Defense Forces -- instead of volunteering in the US Military?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_Emanuel

And here are Emanual's real 'credentials:'

"...Of Israeli origin, he obtained the United-Stator nationality at the age of 18. As a volunteer engaged during Desert Storm operation ( 1991 ), Rahm Emanuel (then 32-years old) has served for Israel defence against a possible Iraqi attack.

Accused afterwards of being a Tsahal officer and of being subjected to a double allegiance, Mr Emanuel pointed out that he had not served in the uniform. In fact, according to our information, he would be a member of Amal, Tsahal’s military intelligence service.

Rahm Emanuel is Benyamin Auerbach’s son. On September 17, 1948, Mr. Auerbach took part, under Yitzhak Shamir’s authority, in the attack that caused the death of both the Swedish count Folke Bernadotte (UNO mediator in Palestine) and the French colonel André Sérot (a United Nations military observer).

It is this double assassination which put an end to the binational State project in Palestine and which transformed the Israel State nature itself in comparison with what had been decided by the UN Organisation."

Emanuel has quite a pedigree!!! :P

http://www.voltairenet.org/article144314.html

Supposedly he "gave up" his Israeli citizenship at least according to the MSM. We know better.

I have a hard time picturing Emmanuel appearing before an Israeli consulate official and renouncing his citizenship.

he sounds like a jackass.

more of obama's judgment being called into question?

It calls into question his judgement and his sincerity about wanting a "new tone" in DC and less partisanship.

It is telling that his first appt is one of the very meanest, partisan hacks in DC.

let's hope this is an aberration & he doesn't pick o.j. for dept of justice. :o

Guess that means Obama doesn't hate Jews after all,,, as per the pre election anti Obama crowd ;)

Fun trivia:

• On the West Wing, Deputy Chief of Staff Josh Lyman (Bradley Whitford) was modeled after Rahm.
  • On Entourage, Ari (Jeremy Piven) is modeled after one of Rahm's brothers.

Rahm seems like the kind of guy who can get things done on capitol hill. I just hope his neo-con tendencies don't rub off on Obama...

Not sure I see the problem with the selection. Yes, he's a hyper-partisan and a pit bull but he was selected to be the White House Chief of Staff, not the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. He will be a manager for the White House Staff, an adviser to the President of the United States and, supposedly, keep an eye on Mr. Obama's back. Do you think he should have selected someone he couldn't trust?

Not sure I see the problem with the selection. Yes, he's a hyper-partisan and a pit bull but he was selected to be the White House Chief of Staff, not the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. He will be a manager for the White House Staff, an adviser to the President of the United States and, supposedly, keep an eye on Mr. Obama's back.

and he can carve the turkey at thanksgiving. ;)

well, I often think if we could ever solve the palestanian conflict , a lot of other things would fix themselves. maybe I'm just dreamin, but I am SICK to DEATH of our ENDLESS conflicts in the middle east...and other's conflicts. man, the day I wake up and dont have to read about iran, iraq, Syria, pakistan cant come soon enough.

Rahm seems like the kind of guy who can get things done on capitol hill. I just hope his neo-con tendencies don't rub off on Obama...

He seems like an unhinged hate monger. It sure didn't take long for Obama to throw hope and change under the bus.

This guy is worse than Rove.

This is a wise choice by President-elect Obama. "Rahm knows Capitol Hill and has great political skills. He can be a tough partisan but also understands the need to work together. He is well-suited for the position of White House Chief of Staff. "I worked closely with him during the presidential debate negotiations which were completed in record time. When we hit a rough spot, he always looked for a path forward. I consider Rahm to be a friend and colleague. He's tough but fair. Honest, direct, and candid. These qualities will serve President-elect Obama well. "Rahm understands the challenges facing our nation and will, consistent with the agenda set by President-elect Obama, work to find common ground where it exists. I look forward to working with him in his new position and will continue to do everything I can to help find a pathway forward on the difficult problems facing our nation."

----- Sen. Lindsey Graham ®

It calls into question his judgement and his sincerity about wanting a "new tone" in DC and less partisanship.

It is telling that his first appt is one of the very meanest, partisan hacks in DC.

Please don't challenge BO's campaign promises, it will get the followers all in a tizzy. Afterall, they bet the farm on the empty suit. It looks like once again the BO electorate placed their dollar on the old shell game and will slap themselves in the head and say, I should've had a V-8.

Supposedly he "gave up" his Israeli citizenship at least according to the MSM. We know better.

I have a hard time picturing Emmanuel appearing before an Israeli consulate official and renouncing his citizenship.

I have a harder time imagining working on the White House staff for such an SOB...:eek:

He is Obama's first choice for White House Chief of Staff. What the hell do you know? Reading a comment in the UK Guardian makes you an expert? I bet you never heard of Emanuel before today.

I think most people who follow politics closely know enough about him to have formed an opinion.

I remember him from his time in the Clinton Administration. I didn't like him then, and don't expect to now.

But it doesn't really matter what I think, only what the folks who work for him think.

What his appointment does do is illustrate the fact that Obama is just another politician at heart...which is no surprise to most of us...

Obama's choice of a Jewish man to be his chief of staff is in reality a clever ruse to conceal his Crypto-Muslim master plan to destroy America and Israel. :rolleyes:

whadya know, he was on the board of freddie mac for a while too. B)

Obama needs a sharp instrument by his side. Emanuel is a smart choice. However he has a political attackdog nature which is going to be Obama's to tame. He has close ties with Israel, a strike against him if Obama is serious about forging new directions in ME policy. Emanuel's selection will require Obama to be strong willed. Having said this Obama is going to need a strongarm if he is to see any of his proposals through and there's none better than Emanuel for that particular job.