Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phesman77

Anne Arundel County Boys Basketball 08-09

852 posts in this topic

With the season approaching who are the preseason favorites? I know Broadneck did well in the summer leagues but what about North County, SP and Arundel?

Annapolis getting Delmore Howard and Brice together....lookout...SP has Bald GB will be stout and Arundel should be good...Bneck is getting dale Solomons nephew I heard..hes a good player..

Delmore will be great in the county, he was good at Spalding and will face different competition then what he say in the A-Conference. Annapolis also has Matt Brady who is another Spalding transfer that is 6'8. Any thoughts on how Meade will do?

I tried to find the schedule for the Broadneck boys team and if this is correct, then Broadneck has the toughest schedule that is completely unbalanced in regards to home/away games. If im wrong about this, let me know.

12/5 at Southern-AA

12/6 at Severn

12/9 at St. Mary's

12/12 at Arundel

12/17 at Glen Burnie

12/19 vs. South River(first home game on the schedule!!!)

12/26 vs. South River/Annapolis Area Christian Christmas tournament??

12/27 vs. South River, AACS and Hammond Christmas tournament??

1/6 at Northeast-AA

1/9 vs. Annapolis

1/13 vs. Meade

1/17 vs. Severna Park(Saturday game at 3pm)

1/23 vs. Southern-AA

1/27 at Old Mill

1/30 vs. Arundel

2/3 vs. Glen Burnie

2/6 at Annapolis

2/10 at North County

2/13 at South River

2/17 vs. Chesapeake-AA

2/21 at Severna Park(Saturday game at 2:30pm)

11 away games(not counting any tournaments) compared to only 8 home games.

I tried to find the schedule for the Broadneck boys team and if this is correct, then Broadneck has the toughest schedule that is completely unbalanced in regards to home/away games. If im wrong about this, let me know.

12/5 at Southern-AA

12/6 at Severn

12/9 at St. Mary's

12/12 at Arundel

12/17 at Glen Burnie

1/6 at Northeast-AA

1/9 vs. Annapolis

1/13 vs. Meade

1/23 vs. Southern-AA

1/27 at Old Mill

1/30 vs. Arundel

2/3 vs. Glen Burnie

2/6 at Annapolis

2/10 at North County

2/13 at South River

2/17 vs. Chesapeake-AA

I see what you mean, you do have Northeast on the road this year.

12/5 at Southern-AA

12/6 at Severn

12/9 at St. Mary's

12/12 at Arundel

12/17 at Glen Burnie

1/6 at Northeast-AA

1/9 vs. Annapolis

1/13 vs. Meade

1/23 vs. Southern-AA

1/27 at Old Mill

1/30 vs. Arundel

2/3 vs. Glen Burnie

2/6 at Annapolis

2/10 at North County

2/13 at South River

2/17 vs. Chesapeake-AA

That is like Old Mills last year, they played something like 6 of their first 7 on the road then like 8 of their last 9 at home.

Plus the county has nothing to do with the schedule pertaining to your Severn and St Marys games.

That is like Old Mills last year, they played something like 6 of their first 7 on the road then like 8 of their last 9 at home.

Plus the county has nothing to do with the schedule pertaining to your Severn and St Marys games.

Yeah I agree. Now is Broadneck going to be good enough to make it through a schedule like this? One thing is there is no JJ to quit in the middle of the season like last year.

if you look around this county...those who are well coached and organized are ALWAYS around....The Bruins will be a factor....

Delmore will be great in the county, he was good at Spalding and will face different competition then what he say in the A-Conference. Annapolis also has Matt Brady who is another Spalding transfer that is 6'8. Any thoughts on how Meade will do?

matt brady is only 6`5 as always annapolis does not rebuild they reload meade is always a team to watch out for

For St. Marys, Josh Morgan-Green and Marcus Snipes are gone , but pretty much everyone else is back, im excited to see Nick Groce. He committed to UMBC, should be a fun senior year for him.

For St. Marys, Josh Morgan-Green and Marcus Snipes are gone , but pretty much everyone else is back, im excited to see Nick Groce. He committed to UMBC, should be a fun senior year for him.

St. Mary's should still do well again too. Josh was out for half of last season and they still went to the championship. A lot of teams would folded especially when you lose a 25pt per game scorer. Nick will have to carry a heavy load, as will Trey Quinn.

http://www.digitalsports.com/article/type/organization/typeid/3164/id/45654.aspx

Good news and bad for 4A AACounty teams

Good: This will probably be the last year anyone has to travel to Thomas Stone in the playoffs as they will be moving down to 3A

Bad: Annapolis joins 4A which means teams now have to worry about the perennial powerhouse in the playoffs as well.

Annapolis really isnt the powerhouse that the used to be IMO. Dont get me wrong, they are still dangerous, but they dont have any standout players to be afraid of.

Annapolis really isnt the powerhouse that the used to be IMO. Dont get me wrong, they are still dangerous, but they dont have any standout players to be afraid of.

they have 4 players who can drop 20 on you at any given night the road to comcast goes thru riva road

Yeah Annapolis might not be quite as dominant as they have been in the past but they're right near the top of the county every year. And Brice is a stud.

Yeah Annapolis might not be quite as dominant as they have been in the past but they're right near the top of the county every year. And Brice is a stud.

you are right brice is a stud also along those lines delmore howard but maybe the best junior this year might be the belt kid at southern i cant remember his first name he might be really special

Chris Day (Jr) and Eric Savage (Top Sophomore in AA) will be tough this year as will Mike Holly (Jr.). Old Mill BB is never given the hype, but is always in the hunt (County Champs) last year. They also have a few transfers. We'll see how they stack up this year. Should be fun. Good luck to all !!

B) This is going to be a fun season....I don't give any information about Nap, I always allow people to see for themselves.

the county will be real balance this year because there is about 5 teams that have a good chance to win the county championship

the county will be real balance this year because there is about 5 teams that have a good chance to win the county championship

And what would be everyone's top five to start the season???

In no certain order until I see the teams, but the top 5 should be: Glen Burnie Annapolis, Old Mill Arundel & Severna Park. Broadneck & Meade could easily be in the mix. Very balanced from what I'm hearing.

I read somewhere on digital sports that GB won their sumemr league so I think that means they should be real good. Plus someone mentioned Annapolis got a couple of transfers to an already solid team, therefore they should be good. I dont really think SP will be very good other than they do have the county's best player.