Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phesman77

Anne Arundel County Boys Basketball 08-09

852 posts in this topic

Guys, read the Sun online this morning and in their preview of games to watch, the one AA county game they have is SP at OM. While I know SP has the best player in the county, is this really the best game? Especially when they have GB in their rankings and Annapolis and Om as others to watch. Do they think when they put this stuff out?

wowow @ AACS beating Gibbons of the MIAA A.

The A conference is not going to be as strong as in years past. Outside of St Frances, JC, and Calvert Hall, the MIAA is not really that good.

While I know SP has the best player in the county

nick groce says hi. :)

Annapolis over SR

Southern over BN

SP over Arundel

GB over NC

OM over CH

ME over NE

Phes lets keep records all year for county games only.

Annapolis over SR

Southern over BN

SP over Arundel

GB over NC

OM over CH

ME over NE

annapolis over sr

arundel over sp

gb over nc

om over ch

meade over ne

broadneck over southern in a squeaker

nick groce says hi. :)

Even though for the most part this is a public school thread, I see where you are coming from. I will also say that I think most people would still agree Bald has a slight advantage on Groce.

Now for the games:

GB over NC

OM over CH

Me over NE

AN over SR

AR over SP

In the game of the night SO over BR, home court advantage pulls it out.

Annapolis over SR

Southern over BN

SP over Arundel

GB over NC

OM over CH

ME over NE

Are you asking me to keep track of who wins the predictions every week? I can do that if thats the case.

Sp-Arundel and SO BDN are awesome ways to start the season....Game of the year will be OM v AN and OM vs. GB...Does anyone really remember how good OMO Was against the county last year.....lots returning what am I missing...

just mad UI cant be there tomorrow night...go Dawgs.....If you go phes my sons are #42 on Varsity and JV

just mad UI cant be there tomorrow night...go Dawgs.....If you go phes my sons are #42 on Varsity and JV

Im pretty sure that im going to be able to make it. I just want to see what we look like this year with Atkins and Hunt gone.

I saw an interview Aaron Gray did with Coach Brady on digital sports. Coach said there are 4-5 good teams in the county this season besides Annapolis. He wouldn't name them though. He also said they scrimmaged OM on Tuesday and they are loaded again.

Another game to add to Pete's game of the year is Annapolis/Severna Park. Those two teams don't like eachother at all including coaches. Watching Brady and Pellicani try to out strategize eachother is awesome to watch. The first matchup is next Friday in the Cap City.

Annapolis over SR

Southern over BN

SP over Arundel

GB over NC

OM over CH

ME over NE

Hmmm. I think the only one I'm leaning in the other direction is SP over Arundel. Brad may be one of the best players in the county but I don't know if he can carry them by himself. Should be one of the two best games tonight - Southern and Broadneck should be pretty good too.

Are you asking me to keep track of who wins the predictions every week? I can do that if thats the case.

Phes, That sounds good. We will go Tuesday/Friday county only.

I saw the digital sports interview with Brady too. Apparently GB had a good "recruiting year". I was under the impression that kids go to the school dictated by their address.

Avella:

What is your problem with SP. You must be buddies with phesman! You must blow the horn at the Bruin football games.

I saw the digital sports interview with Brady too. Apparently GB had a good "recruiting year". I was under the impression that kids go to the school dictated by their address.

Avella:

What is your problem with SP. You must be buddies with phesman! You must blow the horn at the Bruin football games.

Actually I dont get where you think I have a problem with them, I just said that Bald is the best player in the county. He will win them 10 games by himself. I dont think that they used the two of them very well last year though.

Avella:

Glen Burnie got a transfer from Gibbons and another kid moved into the GB area from Iowa. That is what Coach Brady is talking about. Coach Rudd and Coach Brady are always taking little digs at eachother. They are good friends.

annapolis 84

south river 54

Thanks, This is the score I was looking for. Good start for the Runnin' Panthers. AACS is the next game.

Its going to be a long year for the Bruins from what I saw tonight. However, this game was winnable for Broadneck if we hadnt missed like 10+ freethrows. Most of those attempts came when #5 for Southern got two technical fouls and was ejected. Broadneck has talent but its young and isnt going to do any good this season. Russell Jacobsen had a very good first half from beyond the arc but got shut down in the second half and it seemed that Southern hit every basket that they shot.

Its going to be a long year for the Bruins from what I saw tonight. However, this game was winnable for Broadneck if we hadnt missed like 10+ freethrows. Most of those attempts came when #5 for Southern got two technical fouls and was ejected. Broadneck has talent but its young and isnt going to do any good this season. Russell Jacobsen had a very good first half from beyond the arc but got shut down in the second half and it seemed that Southern hit every basket that they shot.

missing free throws is a common ocurence in HS basketball

missing free throws is a common ocurence in HS basketball

Yeah but to miss that many?? Southern didnt miss hardly any of theirs. And im not complaining at all because I had no high expectations of Broadneck this season. Im just simply explaining that the ft's couldve given us the win tonight. But oh well. You make them, you win usually. You miss them and you lose usually.

Big win for Southern to start the season...anytime you beat a john williams coached team its a good win....Just maybe we are on the way up this year..Naptown off to a big start....Huntingtown at Southern Monday night should be good and Ill actually get to see it....

Looks like Annapolis, Old Mill, Arundel, Southern, and GB started the season well. We will see how it goes from here.