Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B-BALL-FAN

MD Girls AAU - 2007

894 posts in this topic

The redhead that played with the Lady Lions will not be missed that much. I think you all are overstating her value. The Lady Lions won 3 straight district championships without her and lost when she was on the team. So why is it that they will miss her so much? I think the redhead was over at Mt. Hebron, while the other Lady Lions were winning at Western, DH, City and St. Francis.

The Ravens players have improved, but so have all the other girls in the area. There were a lot of freshmen that made Varsity and improved their games.

I give the Lions credit, winning three straight is tough at any level in any region. But let's call it like it is, this region is very weak team wise in the 92 age group. They couldn't compete at Nationals and I'm sure that is why they jumped at the chance to add good players. If they didn't think highly of her why add her? She wasn't a role player, she started. She would start on any team in the Region. Don't even try and deny that. I hope you are not pinning the Region losses on her. I admit I am a fan. I coached against her when she was very young and continue to follow her along with many other girls. I watched the Lions four times last year, to watch her and Craig, who I like as well. Redhead stuck out to me. One team chose to box and one her(Comets). Logan, Tasia, Craig and her made a nice team. By the way I wouldn't say that at 20-4 Hebron wasn't winning. Although I only saw her twice this year,she didn't start but played quality minutes on a team with four seniors, three of them guards. Other than Logan, no other player had more significant roles with their teams than she did, so don't make it out like that statement is a barometer of her ability.

Now throughout this response I have given the Lions and the players credit and their just due. Will the Lions win Regions without the redhead (her name is Asia, sp?)? I think so. Will they wish they had her at Nationals, I bet they will? But you should know this, being "The Pride" I have to believe you are in the Lions organization or are a very big fan/ follower.

I give the Lions credit, winning three straight is tough at any level in any region. But let's call it like it is, this region is very weak team wise in the 92 age group. They couldn't compete at Nationals and I'm sure that is why they jumped at the chance to add good players. If they didn't think highly of her why add her? She wasn't a role player, she started. She would start on any team in the Region. Don't even try and deny that. I hope you are not pinning the Region losses on her. I admit I am a fan. I coached against her when she was very young and continue to follow her along with many other girls. I watched the Lions four times last year, to watch her and Craig, who I like as well. Redhead stuck out to me. One team chose to box and one her(Comets). Logan, Tasia, Craig and her made a nice team. By the way I wouldn't say that at 20-4 Hebron wasn't winning. Although I only saw her twice this year,she didn't start but played quality minutes on a team with four seniors, three of them guards. Other than Logan, no other player had more significant roles with their teams than she did, so don't make it out like that statement is a barometer of her ability.

Now throughout this response I have given the Lions and the players credit and their just due. Will the Lions win Regions without the redhead (her name is Asia, sp?)? I think so. Will they wish they had her at Nationals, I bet they will? But you should know this, being "The Pride" I have to believe you are in the Lions organization or are a very big fan/ follower.

To put in perspective the Lions team was void of some of their championship team members which left open spots for players quality players that would like to join the team such as Aja. But by no means am I implying it was her fault that they lost, I'm stating that without some of the other championship team members (which have returned) it wasn't the same team. The players that have experience in championships and Nationals are back. They didn't go to Nationals the year they won their last district championship, but in the other two years they did compete well enough to win pool games and advance to the championship bracket. The kids are proven winners. The have other shooters on the team and chemistry plays a big part in it as well. Will they win a National championship? Only God knows, but they won't cry over spilled milk.

To put in perspective the Lions team was void of some of their championship team members which left open spots for players quality players that would like to join the team such as Aja. But by no means am I implying it was her fault that they lost, I'm stating that without some of the other championship team members (which have returned) it wasn't the same team. The players that have experience in championships and Nationals are back. They didn't go to Nationals the year they won their last district championship, but in the other two years they did compete well enough to win pool games and advance to the championship bracket. The kids are proven winners. The have other shooters on the team and chemistry plays a big part in it as well. Will they win a National championship? Only God knows, but they won't cry over spilled milk.

I agree chemistry is key. But they did have more talent than anyone else in the Region last year. Maybe chemistry was the problem. Adding players doesn't garauntee anything. I wish them well. I happen to enjoy watching the players on the team. I heard (from past post on this board) that Aja is on the Flames. If it is Krusen's team than I am sure she will develop fine, he does a great job.

Since you are "the pride" can you answer a question I had earlier? Who was the post player you guys had for the first two championships? I thought she was dominant in the area. Is she still around? Does she play ball? What HS does she go to?

Thanks

I agree chemistry is key. But they did have more talent than anyone else in the Region last year. Maybe chemistry was the problem. Adding players doesn't garauntee anything. I wish them well. I happen to enjoy watching the players on the team. I heard (from past post on this board) that Aja is on the Flames. If it is Krusen's team than I am sure she will develop fine, he does a great job.

Since you are "the pride" can you answer a question I had earlier? Who was the post player you guys had for the first two championships? I thought she was dominant in the area. Is she still around? Does she play ball? What HS does she go to?

Thanks

That was Naya Summerville. She's now at Poly and was a starting player on Varsity, but her heart wasn't in it so she stopped playing. She's a better artist than basketball player...that's where her heart is.

You make good points. I still see it being difficult to add players to the teams who make nationals. I wish the coaches would get together and work something out but time constraints make it hard.

The Lady Majic have an awesome system and a coach who is possessed. They have reloaded and have even more talent. They are tough mentally. I can see them repeating. The Flames have added some players from the Jaguars so they will challenge too. It's great having national level teams so close. The Majic tournaments are off the hook. Teams from all over came last year. The Starz, Comets, Lady Lions and Ravens will all be there again this year. Not sure about any other teams so far.

The Lady Majic are a great team but this year the Flames are very good also. They opened the PV AAU season last weekend at Bethesda Checy Chase HS. It was U14 to U16 teams and the talent was unbelievable. The Flames and the Majic went toe to toe, great game with two great teams! Team Sol has a good team this year, alot of speed and a new coach. The Classics have a good team with great size along with the Fairfax Stars and Vogues. The Lady Majic tournament at the end of the month will be a good measuring stick for everyone! The 92s are the explosion year of AAU and it will be good to see both regions playing each other to get ready for Salem, Va. It is going to be a great tournament, I understand they have 16 national U92 teams registered.Wow!

Thanks

I don't think Aja is on Krusen's team but I could be mistaken.

The Flames have more than one 92 team.

I don't think Aja is on Krusen's team but I could be mistaken.

The Flames have more than one 92 team.

She is listed with Krusen's team on their website

She is listed with Krusen's team on their website

Thanks. I'll have to check for her next weekend if I make it down to the Lady Majic's tournament. I wonder if she's getting any minutes on that team.

Thanks. I'll have to check for her next weekend if I make it down to the Lady Majic's tournament. I wonder if she's getting any minutes on that team.

I talked with one of her high school coaches. She is on Krusen's team. She is playing...don't know how much. I have coached against Herb before and know that team well. I think it is a good fit and with his style of play she will get plenty of minutes.

Does the Lady Majic have all their players back?

I talked with one of her high school coaches. She is on Krusen's team. She is playing...don't know how much. I have coached against Herb before and know that team well. I think it is a good fit and with his style of play she will get plenty of minutes.

Does the Lady Majic have all their players back?

The great thing about Herb's teams is that he can sub 5 players and you won't see much drop off. She should fit in nicely but they had their rotation already so I'll be checking that out next weekend hopefully. Plus, they picked up some players from the Jaguars who beat them for the MAGBNL title last season.

The Lady Majic have everybody back from what I hear. There were questions about some of them having to play for their high schools during the summer. They worked it out and picked up some players from the Crusaders who have disbanded. Winterleague might have to help with the details.

Either of those teams could win nationals.

Big tournament this weekend in Chantilly. A lot of area teams will go down to the Battle of the Capital. The Lady Majic are the hosts. The facility has 7 courts so there will be games galore.

Does anyone know who won the Flames Tourney 14U division? I know the Flames (Krusen) team played up. But, I think there were still some competitve teams in the division from the Baltimore area.

Does anyone know who won the Flames Tourney 14U division? I know the Flames (Krusen) team played up. But, I think there were still some competitve teams in the division from the Baltimore area.

I think MYBA played the Cougars (columbia) for the title. Don't know the outcome.

Big tournament this weekend in Chantilly. A lot of area teams will go down to the Battle of the Capital. The Lady Majic are the hosts. The facility has 7 courts so there will be games galore.

There is another big tournament in that area this weekend too. The Fairsax Stars tournamet of Champions. The 16U/17U bracket is loaded with Fairfaxstars Nike elite (UNC commits Shegog and Broomfield,) Philly Belles (UCONN commit Doty) Comets (Delle Donne) among many others. Also top two local teams Hurricanes-Coughlan (Green, Parker) and MD Magic (Bussie, Williams). It should be good.

who cares? we're discussing AAU as if it matters. AAU is just to get some games in before the school year, or at least is should be. I am pretty sure you are wasting your time on this

who cares? we're discussing AAU as if it matters. AAU is just to get some games in before the school year, or at least is should be. I am pretty sure you are wasting your time on this

I guess we need to study it so we can get our pre-season picks together for next season:D

I'm pretty sure most people on this list would disagee with you.

There is another big tournament in that area this weekend too. The Fairsax Stars tournamet of Champions. The 16U/17U bracket is loaded with Fairfaxstars Nike elite (UNC commits Shegog and Broomfield,) Philly Belles (UCONN commit Doty) Comets (Delle Donne) among many others. Also top two local teams Hurricanes-Coughlan (Green, Parker) and MD Magic (Bussie, Williams). It should be good.

So BJ Williams is with the Magic now?

Tyler Hale joined that team as well? Do they have a shot at beating the Hurricanes with that team?

That's a nice line-up:

Richards

Williams

Bussie

Hale

Styles

And shooters all around

The redhead that played with the Lady Lions will not be missed that much. I think you all are overstating her value. The Lady Lions won 3 straight district championships without her and lost when she was on the team. So why is it that they will miss her so much? I think the redhead was over at Mt. Hebron, while the other Lady Lions were winning at Western, DH, City and St. Francis.

The Ravens players have improved, but so have all the other girls in the area. There were a lot of freshmen that made Varsity and improved their games.

Pride, I tend to agree with you on this. The Lions will be fine.

Their coaching has been great. Coach Charles does a good job and I'm not sure Coach Tully is an upgrade. They're both good and the team will have plenty of motivation. From what I hear Aja is not playing that much for the Flames. I find it hard to believe that she could get major minutes on that team. This will be a one year deal.

I cant belive you are discussing the lineups of an AAU team. I play AAU and its just guys who get together to keep sharp for school, and if they change teams its because of whatver, not because of some earth shattering reason. Chillax on the AAU

I cant belive you are discussing the lineups of an AAU team. I play AAU and its just guys who get together to keep sharp for school, and if they change teams its because of whatver, not because of some earth shattering reason. Chillax on the AAU

If you don't want to discuss aau don't do it. Stop posting about others who like to discuss girls basketball in the area. This is a popular forum and pretty civil at that. Let's keep it that way.

Pride, I tend to agree with you on this. The Lions will be fine.

Their coaching has been great. Coach Charles does a good job and I'm not sure Coach Tully is an upgrade. They're both good and the team will have plenty of motivation. From what I hear Aja is not playing that much for the Flames. I find it hard to believe that she could get major minutes on that team. This will be a one year deal.

There is no difference in coaching between Charles & Tully they have been coaching together for the past 10 years. What they hear from one they will hear from the other. I was told that it was a co-coaching role rather than head Coach & Asst Coach.

Really? What team do you play for? Most AAU games that I have seen are better than school play. You sound like a troll to me.

You must be off playing Lax or baseball this time of year, because all the REAL BALLERS know that AAU ball is when the real season begins.

You must be off playing Lax or baseball this time of year, because all the REAL BALLERS know that AAU ball is when the real season begins.

Amen to that.