Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B-BALL-FAN

MD Girls AAU - 2007

894 posts in this topic

What successes? You keep talking about successes.. and your RBR list.. looks good, but like I said.. no merit.. its the scout card that matters.. Ask RBR, how many ballers they have ranked in the past.. went no where, meanwhile "non popular" hard-working, committed and loving ballers of the game that didn't make the infamous list went next level.. quite a bit.. but you shud know this already.. :)

So, it seems like this thing is sprouting legs of its own. Everytime I think it's ova there's another ridiculous comment. Let me make this clear to you and if you have any doubts ASK SOMEBODY that knows... Mr. Nichols has lead TU for 10 years. In that 10 years there have been 80 girls to GO TO SCHOOL FOR FREE. What is it that you have a problem with??? I have nothing else for you. Now, It's ova. :)

Not to change the subject, but i saw a post the other day, with info, on a showcase tournamnet for girls, @ PG Comminity College, 29 Sept , does anyone have that info?? i know some 93's that want to attend

Not to change the subject, but i saw a post the other day, with info, on a showcase tournamnet for girls, @ PG Comminity College, 29 Sept , does anyone have that info?? i know some 93's that want to attend

Real Basketball Report Fall Showcase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT: Real Basketball Report Fall Showcase

WHEN: Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.

WHERE: Prince George's Community College Field House - Largo, Maryland

WHO: freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and non-committed seniors from the MD/DC/VA region; some high schoolers from as far north as New York, and from as far south as North Carolina

COST: $50.00 entry fee per participant; each participant gets 3 games

ATTENDEES: RBR events usually get 60-100 college coaches in attendance, with the ACC, Big East, Atlantic-10, Colonial, MEAC, Patriot, MAAC, America East, and NEC leagues, and several D-2/D-3 schools always well-represented; also in attendance will be the RBR scouting staff

College coaches who have confirmed, so far:

- Wake Forest (ACC)

- Morgan State (MEAC)

- George Washington (Atlantic-10)

- Georgetown (Big East)

- Delaware State (MEAC)

- Syracuse (Big East)

- James Madison (Colonial)

- Delaware (Colonial)

- Bowie State (CIAA)

- Maryland-Eastern Shore (MEAC)

- Howard (MEAC)

- Virginia Commonwealth (Colonial)

- Virginia (ACC)

- Hofstra (Colonial)

- Norfolk State (MEAC)

- Penn State (Big Ten)

- Rhode Island (Atlantic-10)

- Pittsburgh (Big East)

- Radford (Big South)

The above information can be found on the hoopgurlz.com website under the DC/MD/VA forum.

MAMBA! What is up? Where U been?

Whattup Scout?I,m chillin,hoping some people would cross back over and get over it.Looking forward to 07-08 ,it should be interesting.CONGRATULATIONS TO HURRICANES-COUGHLAN ON THE SUCCESS THEY HAVE ACHIEVED.8-9 D1 SCHOLLYS(INCLUDING DAVIS 09)4 STRAIGHT STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.COMPETITION AGAINST 23 OF TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NATION.THESE ARE THE FACTS.The AAU book is now coming to a close but the girls future looks bright.Now all these people will have to use their negative energy somewhere else.Thanks for your support.BY THE WAY ,ANYONE HEARD FROM CLOPS?

Whattup Scout?I,m chillin,hoping some people would cross back over and get over it.Looking forward to 07-08 ,it should be interesting.CONGRATULATIONS TO HURRICANES-COUGHLAN ON THE SUCCESS THEY HAVE ACHIEVED.8-9 D1 SCHOLLYS(INCLUDING DAVIS 09)4 STRAIGHT STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.COMPETITION AGAINST 23 OF TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NATION.THESE ARE THE FACTS.The AAU book is now coming to a close but the girls future looks bright.Now all these people will have to use their negative energy somewhere else.Thanks for your support.BY THE WAY ,ANYONE HEARD FROM CLOPS?

The canes/org weren't the 1st team to be looked at critically nor will they be the last. Its an opinion board. The book is still out as what college will hold for them but I think they will be ok. BTW, you can have a thread on women from MD in the college sports section and report on what they are doing for those of us who are real junkies

Originally Posted by letchutellit

The proof is in the pudding.. check the database.. but anyhow.. now that I've read all your post.. and have completely undressed you.. I'm end our exchange.. cause I'll see you at the games soon.. may even come sit by ya.. again, no hateration on my part.. If the player puts the work in both classroom & court.. then she deserves whatever comes her way...

As we both know who each other is... I look forward to reading more POSITIVE and INFORMATIVE posts from you in the future. You can be very informative to all when you choose to. And by all means we can watch the games together.

Can you tell the rest of us when you 2 will be sitting together and where I would like to come watch

"

And "Yes" since you asked i have seen Nyree this year and past years... i seen her at the MD DQT with the Charm, and still for her size , she does not have the ability to take over the painted area on a BB Court yet, maybe soon, but not yet ! Question? what where the three girls numbers during the USJN this year ??

i have not seen the Wingate kid reasonly, but attitude goes along ways my friend...

Obviously, you didn't she her in July on the national circuit.

A review of the RBR top 25 for the 2008 class shows 2 Baltimore area players in it: Danielle Parker (non-TU) and Kandice Green (non-TU). Ayanna Randolph is ranked #44.

A review of the RBR top 20 for the 2009 class shows 5 Baltimore area players in it: Nyree Williams, Akeema Richards, Brandi Wingate-Holland, Asya Bussie (non-TU), and Simone Egwu (non-TU). Ashley Davis is ranked #31, and Ebony Jones is ranked #52.

A review of the RBR top 15 for the 2010 class shows 5 Baltimore area players in it: LaShay Taft (non-TU), Talen Watson, Sheronne Vails (non-TU), Asia Logan (non-TU), and Jessica Harlee (non-TU).

A review of the RBR top 10 for the 2011 class shows 1 Baltimore area player in it: Achiri Ade (non-TU).

A review of the TU information package shows 84 of all 84 players who have come through the program in 10 years getting D1, D2, or D3 basketball scholarships.

Of those 84, 23 have been selected on a high-school All-American team, for USA Basketball, or for their countries' National teams.

Of those 84, 7 are currently playing in the WNBA or professionally overseas.

...A review of the TU information package shows 84 of all 84 players who have come through the program in 10 years getting D1, D2, or D3 basketball scholarships.

I am not bashing or otherwise minimizing the efforts of any of the young ladies, but I am not aware of D-3 basketball scholarships

I am not bashing or otherwise minimizing the efforts of any of the young ladies, but I am not aware of D-3 basketball scholarships

ABF,

I am quite sure you know they unofficially exist.:eek::eek:

...LOD, then check THIS out, sports fans:

2009-class girls

1. Tierra Ruffin-Pratt, 5'10", T.C. Williams/Alexandria, Va. (Boo Williams Elite);

2. Nyree Williams, 6'1", Howard/Ellicott City, Md. (Team Unique);3. Alyssa Bennett, 6'0", Hampton/Hampton, Va. (Boo Williams Elite);

4. Sidney Wilson, 6'6", St. John's College/Washington, D.C. (Fairfax Stars);

5. Akeema Richards, 5'8", Western/Baltimore, Md. (Team Unique);6. Brandy Wingate-Holland, 6'1", Howard/Ellicott City, Md. (Team Unique);7. Elashier Hall, 5'11", Eleanor Roosevelt/Greenbelt, Md. (Team Excel);

8. Abby Oliver, 6'1", Hidden Valley/Roanoke, Va. (Boo Williams Elite);

9. Taylor Hilton, 5'10", Sidwell Friends/Washington, D.C. (Team Unique);

10. Olivia Applewhite, 5'11", Eleanor Roosevelt/Greenbelt, Md. (Team Excel);

11. TaShaunda Rodgers, 5'10", Kings Fork/Suffolk, Va. (Boo Williams Elite);

12. Leandra King, 6'2", Parkdale/Riverdale, Md. (Team Unique);

13. Carleeda Green, 5'7", H.D. Woodson/Washington, D.C. (DC Lady Cobras);

14. Jeniece Johnson, 6'5", H.D. Woodson/Washington, D.C. (DC Lady Cobras).

2010-class girls

1. Ronika Ransford, 5'8", H.D. Woodson/Washington, D.C. (DC Lady Cobras);

2. Tiara Butler, 5'9", North Point/Waldorf, Md. (Team Unique);

3. Talen Watson, 5'8", Arundel/Gambrills, Md. (Team Unique);4. Nicole Cunningham, 6'1", Clarksburg/Clarksburg, Md. (Team Unique);

5. Terah Mustaf, 5'10", Eleanor Roosevelt/Greenbelt, Md. (Team Excel);

6. Tyaunna Marshall, 5'9", Elizabeth Seton/Bladensburg, Md. (DC Extreme).

2011-class girls

1. Destiny Shearin, 5'11", Bishop O'Connell/Arlington, Va. (Team Unique);

2. Elizabeth Williams, 6'2", Princess Anne/Virginia Beach, Va. (Lady Neptunes).

Sports fans, these are the 22 girls in our region--from the RBR top-25 in each respective class (75 TOTAL)--who either played 17U ELITE BALL most of this last club season, or participated in a national-elite-level age-group all-star camp. Therefore, these would be the girls in our region who CURRENTLY have national pedigree with the gear companies, pundits, scouts, and college coaches.

Big-up to these 22!

All-Howard County girls basketball teams

March 21, 2007

First Team

Name, School, Class, Pos.

Jackie Doherty Mt. Hebron Senior Guard

Molly Speicher Centennial Soph. Guard

Julie Taylor Atholton Senior Guard

Alissa Bourne Glenelg Senior Forward

Brittany Coughlan Atholton Junior Forward

Kelsey Erdman River Hill Senior Forward

were are the howard county girls on your list above, why are they not on this first team listing??? ??

All-Howard County girls basketball teams

March 21, 2007

First Team

Name, School, Class, Pos.

Jackie Doherty Mt. Hebron Senior Guard

Molly Speicher Centennial Soph. Guard

Julie Taylor Atholton Senior Guard

Alissa Bourne Glenelg Senior Forward

Brittany Coughlan Atholton Junior Forward

Kelsey Erdman River Hill Senior Forward

were are the howard county girls on your list above, why are they not on this first team listing??? ??

Baller -- Most of them have graduated or are class of 2008; note these lists are class of 2009 and beyond.

Congratulations!!! Canes-Coughlan player on the move to D1 - Kandice Green verbally commits to Seton Hall!!

Cox - George Mason

Jacobs - Stony Brook

Parker - Delaware

Randolph - Furman

Great Job!! to these young ladies from Team Coughlan...

Congratulations!!! Canes-Coughlan player on the move - Katie Biggs verbally commits to Shepherd University!!

Cox - George Mason University

Green - Seton Hall University

Jacobs - Stony Brook University

Parker - Delaware University

Randolph - Furman University

Great Job!! to these young ladies from Team Coughlan...

Hey ! just got a call this morning, there will be girls basketball Strength & conditioning drills, being held @ Harman's ES in Hanover, MD tonight from 7-9pm, (open to all girls)

Personal Trainer, Coach Reggie Bailey, i've heard the sessions are very intensed, and Coach Bailey does a great job !

With the national signing period coming to a close tomorrow, Congratulations to the 2008 Commitments that have signed.

The list is represented by two area club teams (Canes-Coughlan and MD Magic-Boswell), and we are wishing all the young ladies success towards the future. Let's go represent the B'More area.

2007 class is doing big things and 2008 class will do even bigger.

Girls Basketball 2008 Commitments

Katie Biggs, Glenelg - Shepherd University

Brittany Coughlan, Atholton - Berry College

Rebecca Cox, McDonogh - George Mason

Kandice Green, St. Frances - Seton Hall

Tyler Hale, Towson Catholic - Drexel

Destiny Jacobs, McDonogh - Stony Brook

Ayana Lee, Seton Keough - Drexel

Brittany Lilley, Severna Park - St. Francis (Pa.)

Miriam McKenzie, Oakland Mills - Loyola

Danielle Parker, Dulaney - Delaware

Ayanna Randolph, Arundel - Furman

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/h...ghschool_promo