Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grabowski08

Wharf Rat no longer

18 posts in this topic

The beloved watering hole known as the Wharf Rat is no longer. It is closed for remodeling and under new ownership. The guys who bought it are new york boys and yankee fans. It is now called the pratt street pub and I wont set 1 foot in that place. Pickles it is....thats where I will be before games.

I wont set 1 foot in that place. Pickles it is....thats where I will be before games.

I’ll call them up and let them know that.

"Beloved"?

Don't think so.

Maybe I can score some maritime junque out of there before it's tossed into a dumpster.

what about the wharf rat in fells?

the one on pratt was always a joke anyway.

Great time to sell a bar not sure its great to buy one in this economy but they are definitely buying low with the state of the orioles attendance.

Good beer, but the O's attendance has been suffering for so long that the Wharf Rat is (like several other establishments around the ballparks) collateral damage.

Wow, this thread is cited as the "online rumor." That's pretty funny. It certainly doesn't make sense to even try to have a Yankees bar in Baltimore. They'd be hard pressed to squeeze in more Yanks fans than Pickles does anyways.

what about the wharf rat in fells?

the one on pratt was always a joke anyway.

My buddy works there, and from what he tells me the one in Fells is not changing.

So there you go.

Nobody said it was going to be a yankees bar. Not Bowski at least. This is how rumors get started. What is not a rumor is that the new guys are in charge, it is going to be called the pratt street pub and they fired all the old people that work there for no reason other than to "Applebees" the place. I will check it out, I don't care if the owners are from out of state, and seriously, who would try to open a yankees bar across the street from camden yards, sure it would be great for them for the yankees games but the 348 days of the year it would be open season for vandalism, theft and general drunken nonsense. The Wharf Rat was operating under its potential for years, I am glad someone is finally trying to make it a quality establishment. I heard they even got Wire Right in there to look at the place, not cheaping out at all. Good location and a nice building, it has always had potential, hopefully these guys step up. They just need to leave their pinstripes at home!!

Evidently there was no rumor that it was going to be a yankees bar until this Sessa fool wrote an article citing this post as the source for the rumor, unfortunately for him, nobody said it was going to be a yankee bar until after his article was linked to it. This is bottom shelf gutter journalism. I mean why would somebody even bother lying about something so trivial??

Evidently there was no rumor that it was going to be a yankees bar until this Sessa fool wrote an article citing this post as the source for the rumor, unfortunately for him, nobody said it was going to be a yankee bar until after his article was linked to it. This is bottom shelf gutter journalism. I mean why would somebody even bother lying about something so trivial??

I never said they were going to make it a yankee bar. All I said is that it was now owned by some dudes from NY who were yankee fans. They did in fact fire some people who have worked there for years for no reason. Nice work Sessa......Online rumor......Thats some funny s#*@!!!

Justin Dvorkin also adds “We’ll only make it a Yankee bar when the Yankees come to town. Then we’ll change the decor to Red Sox gear when they hit town.

Business is business

Sounds like a great place to down a few before heading to the Yard to watch the Yankees slaughter the hapless wOe's.

Justin Dvorkin also adds “We’ll only make it a Yankee bar when the Yankees come to town. Then we’ll change the decor to Red Sox gear when they hit town.

Business is business

Then the other 347 days of the year Baltimorons should tell them to shove their taps up their azzes.

Business is business

Well there's precedence in Baltimore. MaGerks in Federal Hill is an Eagles bar.